Friday Favorites... How we spend our Friday's

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
I usually have already put in 40+ Hours by Friday. I keep my calendar blocked off and usually try to cut our by noon.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unless there is a ball game to prepare for, Fridays are for showing up and tying up any loose ends leftover from M-R. Fridays are days when you should be in good spirits as you look toward the weekend, even if all you’re going to do is sleep late, watch TV, play golf, etc. My saying for years is that if you can’t make it on a Friday, you can’t make it at all! Friday almost has holiday status. If it’s payday, then it should be euphoric.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Flying to the booming metropolis of Albany,NY for a fun Friday night. Left the kids at home with my car because theirs is dead. What could possibly go wrong? :dunno:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Costco, Sam's, and maybe Walmart on the way home. Sometimes reverse the order depending on where we are buying frozen stuff. Mission planning is essential.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Costco, Sam's, and maybe Walmart on the way home. Sometimes reverse the order depending on where we are buying frozen stuff. Mission planning is essential.
I always heard you flyboys were savages

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Unless there is a ball game to prepare for, Fridays are for showing up and tying up any loose ends leftover from M-R. Fridays are days when you should be in good spirits as you look toward the weekend, even if all you’re going to do is sleep late, watch TV, play golf, etc. My saying for years is that if you can’t make it on a Friday, you can’t make it at all! Friday almost has holiday status. If it’s payday, then it should be euphoric.
Friday PE was my favorite day. I would combine some classes so I would have some breaks. Bring out the music (crank it up) and after they did half mile I would let them use whatever PE equipment I had ( and I had LOTS of it). I would say I could do a Friday with my eyes closed. Now everyday is like Friday. Sometimes I am not sure what day it is. I do know the weekends cause I dont set the alarm to get the kids on the bus.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I get to make my own schedule and set my tasks. As each week goes on I slowly chip away at the stuff on my Friday until there is hardly anything left other than stuff I have to wait on. Work from home and try to relax for an hour or two before the weekend starts with the kids running wild.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Friday PE was my favorite day. I would combine some classes so I would have some breaks. Bring out the music (crank it up) and after they did half mile I would let them use whatever PE equipment I had ( and I had LOTS of it). I would say I could do a Friday with my eyes closed. Now everyday is like Friday. Sometimes I am not sure what day it is. I do know the weekends cause I dont set the alarm to get the kids on the bus.

My wife’s a substitute teacher, and special Ed tutor. She had to fill in for PE about a month ago and said it was by far the easiest thing she’s ever done. Point being, we all love you here. I can’t think of a single person in Bradford County that I’d rather have a beer with. But you could’ve probably done every day with your eyes closed.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My wife’s a substitute teacher, and special Ed tutor. She had to fill in for PE about a month ago and said it was by far the easiest thing she’s ever done. Point being, we all love you here. I can’t think of a single person in Bradford County that I’d rather have a beer with. But you could’ve probably done every day with your eyes closed.
Its on. In those 39 yrs outside with kids I had to have eyes in the back of my head. When I say I could do it with my eyes closed that was my last few years when my kids were so good they would pretty much behave no matter what. And Fridays they were able to do exactly what they wanted to do. The rest of the week I was always engaged in different things. The hardest part was trying to teach gals one activity and boys another like Flag FOotbabll and a volleyball type game. It was juggling (i did let boys play volleyball and gals play FF if they wanted). I was out there in scorching heat and windy cold fronts in the 30s at times. I finally had one principal say I had to come in if it was below 45 or so. I mostly ignored her. I had a PE class in in 82 where you could give them a soccer ball (3rd grade) and they could organize it, play and officiate themseleves. But I have had 5th grades that would want to whine, fight btchhh and moan if I wasnt right there. I gave them the PE I didnt get as an elem kid. I learned it from my 7th grade PE teacher. He taught us ALL KINDS Of activites and sports. Ive taught math and reading inside for many years. It was about as easy. But in a different way. I loved doing it all. My skin took the worst of it. Never had a gym. My view of success with classes was if I could give them something to play or do and they could do without my intervention. Like we did as kids after school when we organized ourselves back in the 60s

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corch vs Sofla

Jerry Seinfeld Comedy GIF

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Work week is done Friday at some point.
Sometimes, I'm wrapping it up early afternoon, if there's nothing happening.
Like today.

Normally, a few drinks, some good sex and just generally goofing off on Friday nights.
That's the best part of this ol empty nest.

Tomorrow, I have to replace the float switch in my septic.:grin:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What date wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Walmart? Especially in NY! It’s a fancy two story Walmart complete with escalators for the buggies. Wow, I need to get out of KY more @Seedy

0979C3A3-E360-4350-99D3-16E6919C5CEB.jpeg

07B9804F-1D07-4FE5-9344-9F5C7AFAF09D.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anything of value locked up behind plexiglass?
Yes of course. Mostly beauty products that are out on the shelves in KY. I did think it was strange that the axes and hatchets were hanging freely in the camping section though.

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
Yes of course. Mostly beauty products that are out on the shelves in KY. I did think it was strange that the axes and hatchets were hanging freely in the camping section though.
:lol: Before the Walgreens closed in near Hells Kitchen they seemed to have everything locked up and there was always a broken window.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
:lol: Before the Walgreens closed in near Hells Kitchen they seemed to have everything locked up and there was always a broken window.
I mentioned it in another thread that we were eating in Panaera and a homeless man came in and grabbed a cup and helped himself. Nobody said a word so he must do it every day. We had just paid $3 for the same cup. Wonder what they would have said if we tried it?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
...complete with escalators for the buggies...
Trolly if you're a Brit.

My Dad (learned English in Detroit in the 20's) called it a basket.

Florida mostly calls it a cart.

I've heard buggy before, mostly in more rural areas.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator