Friday Night Lights

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Biggest camp of the year. Hopefully we get a couple commits.

July 22.

5* OL Alex Leatherwood just confirmed that he is attending.

I'll sticky this as we get closer

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Biggest camp of the year. Hopefully we get a couple commits.

July 22.

5* OL Alex Leatherwood just confirmed that he is attending.

I'll sticky this as we get closer
Admit it, you already stickied it

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I try to stay positive about our recruiting as I trust this staff to fill holes. Now after we have filled some holes in the roster I want primetime guys. After what the leg humpers did after the opening we need some big players/names.

Go Gators!!!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Any ideas who would should expect to commit tomorrow?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody that I know of. If anybody commits it will be a 2018+ commit.

Isn't this our premier event? Shouldn't we expect some guys to commit? I find that hard to believe even in our current state.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't this our premier event? Shouldn't we expect some guys to commit? I find that hard to believe even in our current state.

The staff may. But I haven't seen anything on it. But yes. We should have a couple commits. But probably 2018+ kids.

The highly rated 2017 guys that we're hot and heavy after aren't expected to commit until August or after.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From GS site:

https://recruiting.blogs.gatorsport...y-night-lights-qb-camp-sophomore-night/?tc=cr

Gator Prospectus
Gators open Friday Night Lights with QB Camp, Sophomore Night
Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 9:10 by Graham Hall

Florida kicked off Friday Night Lights with specialized camps for rising high school sophomores and signal callers looking to make it to the next level.

UF’s Sophomore Night and “Next Level Quarterback Camp” took place Thursday afternoon at the indoor practice facility.

Prospects went through a series of drills under the guidance of both Florida’s coaching staff and multiple nationally regarded quarterbacks coaches.

IgzQB7-Vm9S9FEqO.jpg

Follow
Graham Hall @GrahamHall_

#Gators coach @CoachMcElwain is ready for Sophomore Night#FNL2016

6:07 PM - 21 Jul 2016
View image on Twitter
Cn63um7WIAEurht.jpg:small

Follow
Graham Hall @GrahamHall_

#Gators coach Torrian Gray and Geoff Collins meeting with@nasirildeen

5:45 PM - 21 Jul 2016
7yMDK8V-6ROdjuGD.jpg

Follow
Graham Hall @GrahamHall_

#Gators @CoachMcElwain observing players go through drills at Sophomore Night #FNL2016

6:39 PM - 21 Jul 2016
Y2ke-DYLm9ZiGee2.jpg

Follow
Graham Hall @GrahamHall_

#Gators wide receiver coach @Coach_K2 watches footwork drills at Sophomore Night #FNL2016

7:00 PM - 21 Jul 2016
I3pqisePMBLj4KG1.jpg

Follow
Graham Hall @GrahamHall_

Running backs going through drills at #Gators Sophomore Night

7:12 PM - 21 Jul 2016
QAWJWCBBZIWHoxep.jpg

Follow
Graham Hall @GrahamHall_

Next Level Quarterback Camp is back in the #Gators indoor practice facility

7:29 PM - 21 Jul 2016

Among the group of quarterbacks in attendance looking to make it to the collegiate level was IMG Academy junior Zack Annexstad.

The pro-style prospect’s recruitment has just begun – his two scholarship offers have both come since the beginning of May – likely due to the lack of game film available to scout him.

Recently, Annexstad has received interest from Florida State and Minnesota, but after arriving at IMG in January from Mankato West High (Minn.), the 6-foot-3, 200-pounder from anticipates his recruitment will soon pick up momentum.

“It’s crazy, we got the best coaches in the country for high school,” Annexstad said of his new team. “I think everything around there is preparing me for college.”

Annexstad said the collegiate-like intensity at IMG will prepare him for football at the next level, and that’s part of the reason he wound up transferring.

“Now that I’m seeing everything, when I feel like I get to college,” Annexstad said, “I’ll already be prepared and ready to go.”

Yet to play as an upperclassman, Annexstad plans to be patient and let his recruitment pan out rather than pigeonhole himself into an uncertain decision.

With 18 months until his National Signing Day, he has the freedom to tour the country and participate in camps like UF’s “Next Level Quarterback Camp”.

He said the most helpful thing Thursday was the hands-on teaching Florida’s coaches provided the campers.

“The coaches are probably some of the best in the country they could have brought in for this,” Annexstad said. “They were willing to help, fixing you if you made a mistake.”

While Annexstad doesn’t have any definite plans, he anticipates spending more time in Gainesville.

“I’m going to definitely try and get back down to a game here,” Annexstad said. “Other than that, I’m not really sure.”

View image on Twitter
Cn7XrUEWgAACxuf.jpg:small

Follow
Graham Hall @GrahamHall_

#Gators Sophomore Night and QB Camp are closing up as McElwain gives a closing speech

8:05 PM - 21 Jul 2016

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you go to the link, most of the pictures (above - in the first post) are actually videos (it didn't translate over in the cut & paste, for some reason).

Looks like a good camp. I'm hoping we get at least 2 commits this weekend....preferably 4 or 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.