Friday Update: Coaches are hitting the trail hard this week

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Some number breakdowns. 14 LB, only 7 DT, 12 DE, 18 OL., and of course 21 DB.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Gatorcountry had - probably still does but I'm no longer a member - a table that broke down positions by year and then projected what was needed in the following class. Does anybody have a link to that or something similar?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here are the Friday coaching visits.

Coach Mac:
2017 TE commit Kemore Gamble
2017 WR Mark pope
2017 RB Ben Thompson
2017 DB commit Shawn Davis
2017 DB commit Marco Wilson
2017 LB commit James Houston
2017 OL commit Kai-Leon Herbert
2017 QB commit Jake Allen
2017 WR commit Daquon Green
2017 DE commit Zach carter
2018 DB Pat Surtain
2018 DB Tyson Campbell

Coach Mac will also be at the
IMG vs Trinity Christian game tonight

Coach Gray:
2017 WR James Robinson
2017 LB commit Ventrell Miller
2018 OL Cleveland reed

Coach Rumph:
2017 DE commit Zach carter
2017 WR commit DaQuon Green
2017 Athlete Juwan burgess
2017 RB Malik Davis
2018 TE Judge Culpepper
2018 DE Malcolm Laman
2018 RB Jerome Ford
2018 WR Warren Thompson

Coach Shannon:
2018 DB Nadab Joseph
Kayode oladele

He'll also be at the American Heritage vs St Thomas game tonight.

Coach Summers:
2017 OL Alex Leatherwood
2018 WR Jacob copeland
Juanyeh Thomas

Coach Nord:
2017 WR Henry Ruggs
2017 TE commit Zech Byrd
2017 DL Alec Jackson
2018 OL Tank Jenkins
2018 RB Cam Taylor
2018 RB Kavosiey smoke

Coach Dixon:
will be at the
Southridge game tonight

Coach Skipper:

2018 RB Lorenzo Lingard
Will also be at the IMG vs Trinity christian tonight

Coach Nuss:

2017 RB commit Adarius Lemons
2017 DT Kane Taylor
2018 OL Richard gouraige
2018 OL/DL Nicholas petit Frere
2018 athlete Amari Burney

Coach Collins:

2017 Notre Dame WR commit Jordan pouncey
2018 OL William Barnes
2018 DE Stacey Kirby
2019 safety commit Jaleel McRae

Mac going to be a tired "SOB" after he gets home tonight. :lol:

Coaches have been to South Florida,Georgia,Alabama,Louisiana,Texas, Virginia,Michigan,California this week.

Glad to see that coach Skipper's working on Lindgard.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Callaway go through something similar?

I honestly can't remember anything about Callaway except some people around here bitching and moaning because he was a 3* on some sites. (I said "some" :law:, don't start on me)

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I just saw Butters at some high school game on ESPN2. Then they showed some kid on defense making a great tackle and said he was the top ranked athlete in America. Then they said he had 22 tackles last week, then the slam dunk was that he is committed to Alabama. No surprise: A standout athlete going to play for the best defensive coach in the country who has shown incredible ability, especially recently, to take superior athletes and make them great defenders: Williams, Anderson , Foster, etc, this year along with Mosely, Ragland, et al in the past. Why can't we get a superior athletic defender who can wreak havoc in the box? Oh, b/c Butters is our coach!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Offensive Tackle Navaughn Donaldson has set up his official. There's been a lot of smoke about him flipping for a couple of months now. Screenshot_2016-10-21-18-52-37.png Hopefully Miami keeps dropping games and we get this one.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
I just saw Butters at some high school game on ESPN2. Then they showed some kid on defense making a great tackle and said he was the top ranked athlete in America. Then they said he had 22 tackles last week, then the slam dunk was that he is committed to Alabama. No surprise: A standout athlete going to play for the best defensive coach in the country who has shown incredible ability, especially recently, to take superior athletes and make them great defenders: Williams, Anderson , Foster, etc, this year along with Mosely, Ragland, et al in the past. Why can't we get a superior athletic defender who can wreak havoc in the box? Oh, b/c Butters is our coach!

I am watching the same game and saw mcelwain there too. It Is extremely frustrating hearing the announcers talk about all the talent playing in this game and Florida was not mentioned with any of them Although, I could have missed something. Anyone know who mcelwain spent his Friday bye week to go see who we actually have a shot at?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly can't remember anything about Callaway except some people around here *****ing and moaning because he was a 3* on some sites. (I said "some" :law:, don't start on me)
You are fvkking stoned. More stoned than usual.

I can't help it that you memory is the second thing to go. Check the archives. Good luck.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I am watching the same game and saw mcelwain there too. It Is extremely frustrating hearing the announcers talk about all the talent playing in this game and Florida was not mentioned with any of them Although, I could have missed something. Anyone know who mcelwain spent his Friday bye week to go see who we actually have a shot at?
If you scroll up a to post #19 It shows everyone the staff saw today. :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Offensive Tackle Navaughn Donaldson has set up his official. There's been a lot of smoke about him flipping for a couple of months now. View attachment 4139 Hopefully Miami keeps dropping games and we get this one.

This would be nice. I read the gatorcountry podcast transcript and those two feel we only have a shot at 2-3 OL's in this class, which is very disturbing. I'd be okay w/ 3, and would prefer at least 4. But 2 is inexcusable. Again, is there a Plan B?

Also, it looks like we just offered another RB who wants to come to UF. With Lemons showing his ass, there may be something happening w/ him (decomitting or being cut loose):

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...161021_164427_Florida Gators&utm_content=Link

UF offers RB Malik Davis

Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit running back Malik Davis was getting close to committing to North Carolina. On Friday, the Florida Gators may have thrown a wrench in that plan with a new offer extended to the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Davis.

The Gators currently have running back Adarius Lemons committed, but it's clear Florida is in the market for another back in the 2017 class. Davis has been working for a Florida offer for a while, so this tender might be a game-changer in his recruitment.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Davis as the nation's No. 87 running back in the 2017 class.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With Lemons showing his ass, there may be something happening w/ him (decomitting or being cut loose):

There was an incident that happened a while back with him at his high school. He "assumed" it would affect his scholly offer from us, so he withdrew his commitment. After our coaches contacted him about that withdrawal, and explained to him that his incident at school would not affect his scholly offer from us, he re-committed. He hasn't "shown his ass". He thought he'd screwed up and lost his scholly offer. He was distraught over it, not showing his ass. The incident in question eventually led to his suspension from his high school, but afaik, our scholly offer still stands with him. He just isn't currently in school because he's serving his suspension.

Now, if you say he's "showing his ass" based on the incident that got him suspended, well then ok, I guess that's fair, but he's not wavered from his commitment, he just thought he'd blew it with us. If that makes sense?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There was an incident that happened a while back with him at his high school. He "assumed" it would affect his scholly offer from us, so he withdrew his commitment. After our coaches contacted him about that withdrawal, and explained to him that his incident at school would not affect his scholly offer from us, he re-committed. He hasn't "shown his ass". He thought he'd screwed up and lost his scholly offer. He was distraught over it, not showing his ass. The incident in question eventually led to his suspension from his high school, but afaik, our scholly offer still stands with him. He just isn't currently in school because he's serving his suspension.

Now, if you say he's "showing his ass" based on the incident that got him suspended, well then ok, I guess that's fair, but he's not wavered from his commitment, he just thought he'd blew it with us. If that makes sense?

Oh, I'm sorry. He's a choir boy. You sound like Bobby Bowden defending this kid. Usually if you're getting suspended from school you didn't save somebody's life or prevent a mass shooting.....you likely showed your ass. And here he is: he's committed to UNC, decommits and commits to us, then decommits from us, the recommits to us....then gets suspended from his school and can't finish his football season. Call it whatever the hell you want to call it. I'll call it 'showing his ass'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.