FSU releases Open Letter in response to Winston case, victim's attorney responds

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Steve Spurrier humbly gave his trophy to the school in a statement to his teammates prompting the Heisman Trust to make another for Steve. Two trophies for every winner after that. Nice legacy. Jameis Winston's abhorrent behavior at his school and the community prompts "integrity" to be removed from the Trust's mission statement. That's rich.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This ****er also has over 100 signed pieces of memorabilia listed for sale under the same guy that turned in Gurley. Clown college is joke

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n75369 said:
This ****er also has over 100 signed pieces of memorabilia listed for sale under the same guy that turned in Gurley. Clown college is joke

Now this is interesting.

Clown Town already has an asterisk by their "championship". Perhaps we see them lose the trophy altogether.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
They're so effing stupid. The same reaction to every criticism, deny, deny, deny. A well constructed letter taking some blame but defending your actions at the same time, heavily dosed with humility about what you've learned and changes you've already implemented, while repeating there was no willful cover-up or misrepresentation could go a long way. But taking this stance that their actions are beyond reproach is going to come back and bite them hard. Can't wait to see them burn,. The icing on the cake would be giving them an ass-beating on Nov 29.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I saw today that the FSU letter had been sent to supporters. Not sure if this is the same one that appeared with ESPN(?) yesterday. The ESPN one was called a statement that was issued, the one today was called a letter to supporters.

1I think the TPD detective notified them in DEC that the rape was reported and a football player ( casher) was mentioned as a person who had encountered her, given her a drink, and arranged to meet her outside, where she has a patchy memory of faces in a taxi, one of them being his before she faded out again She knew he was Chris the only freshman starter on the team. According to tallahassee democrat when this first surfaced, it is policy to report this to the captain and I think, to the UAA. According to talla. democrat procedure was not followed and the detective did not report it to the captain. He did report to the school and the city manager who reported it to a commiisioner. Tallydemocrat's first 2 stories on this topic were a follow up to previous stories on the failures of the TPD, so they were not hiding this info.

2I n January, after she identified winston, while they told her they couldn't contact him without jeporadizing the investigation, , they did relay this info to UAA. and contact him. It was said back then , they attempted to interview winston He DID NOT SAY the sex was consensual- He and friends said they did not know her and they were elsewhere, nowhere around PotBelly's. FSU is now referring to this as a title IX investigation- this week..

3 The consensual sex story came from Jansen AFTER Winston was forced by circumstances to "volunteer" a DNA sample, some time after beginning of August 2013. ( nov 21, 2013)

4 This was not a timely titlie IX investigation which was required within 60 days of a reported assault. She reported the assault to the school.. The "investigation" in january 2013 was FSU following up on the tip from the TPD detective. She was not contacted. If it had been a title IX investigation, it meant they had to interview her, which was not attempted, nor did FSU ever claim to have attempted it through all the publicity they have put out -until now. Sometime around then is when she got a lawyer because TPD would not investigate the leads or interview winston. On the latter, they kept insisting it would not be wise to tip him off that they were investigating. The girl's lawyer was still pressing TPD for the lab results which in reality were not sent at that point although they had been told they had gone out promptly in december. Faimly was being ignored which is why they invovled attorney who als was having a lot of trouble even getting calls returned, much less getting any answers or investigation, except of her cell phone.

5 During 2013, the girl's attorney pressed for a title IX investigation from the school. . FSU recently ( last week? week before?) claim they started the process last oct-dec depending on the article wordings although there was no actual investigation meeting held until after the BSCCG when they suddenly told the title IX rep of the school to show up and forgot to inform the girl and her attorneys. They claim the girl's attorney told them not to contact her- Perhaps she could in fact have told them not to contact the victim directly , but through the attorney as required. Other than that, they were being stonewalled. This winter 2014 fus inititated title IX investigation occurred suddenly ONLY after her lawyer announced they were filing a title ix federal complaint and bringing in another attorney, and only after title IX expressed interest in this case in the media.as part of a focus that had become politically higher profile, and only after the championship game had passed..

They have used this tired claim of her or her attorneys refusing to participate repeatedly as convenient, when the young woman's family and first attorney had been very proactive all along despite being repeatedly stonewalled. I would be banging my head against the wall in frustration.

Obviously, these lies they keep spewing piss me off. They count on no one reading articles and having short memories. Sound bytes and short attention spans

Again, the guys did not even tell the school it was consensual until after Winston's DNA matched the DNA on her samples- after early august 2013.(just looked it up- November 21, 2013 is when is lawyer made winston's generous gesture known- FDLE had been telling TPD to get a sample at least since AUgust if not the spring. FDLE basically had to threaten them to get them to act and it still took until november 2013..

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm telling you...they are in big trouble here. I don't think Thrasher can "fix" this.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If all this is true and people in the football program and UAA covered it up, the ncaa will have no choice but to shut them down and the whole coaching staff needs to get canned. That is the least of their problems. Lawsuits and criminal charges will happen.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The worry on campus has shifted dramatically. Students and staff are now wondering if they will even have a school left to attend. The federal funding issue and sanctions against the only sport generating revenue will cripple them financially.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n75445 said:
The worry on campus has shifted dramatically. Students and staff are now wondering if they will even have a school left to attend. The federal funding issue and sanctions against the only sport generating revenue will cripple them financially.

This is unfolding nicely. I thought their athletic program barely turned a profit anyway.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard a sports reporter knocking Saban for letting Winston and the RB at Nebraska get away from him. I still dislike him, but you've got to give Little Nicky some credit from passing on this ****head.​

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MidwestChomp;n75438 said:
If all this is true and people in the football program and UAA covered it up, the ncaa will have no choice but to shut them down and the whole coaching staff needs to get canned. That is the least of their problems. Lawsuits and criminal charges will happen.
LOL
The NCAA will do nothing of substance.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
TallyGator;n75445 said:
More LOL
State aint shuttin down a school.
Feds aint takin away funding.

Slap on wrist. Sacrificial lamb or two. And new procedures. Possibly creating a Czar of making doubly sure we dont let players commit rape.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have considered the fact that losing the Title IX money would cost a lot of people their jobs and would have a devastating impact on the local community. But the administrators at FSU were supposed to have thought of that, too, while they were lying and covering up. Not only is there damning evidence in the Winston case, evidence from other improperly handled cases is coming in. In other words, the classic "lack of institutional control". Based on everything known and feared by the insiders, I will be absolutely shocked if there are not substantial penalties to pay by the school, the athletic department and certain responsible individuals. In addition, evidence of corruption by the FSU Police and Tallahassee Police will have repercussions as well. And, as someone mentioned earlier, there will be a litany of criminal and civil lawsuits. This ain't over by a longshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator