FSU Self Proclaimed State Champs

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So to cope with losing their bowl game they had to give themselves "state championship rings"... What losers

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
That's all about giving their players some bling and showing recruits all the bling they have. I'm surprised they don't give out FSU gold teeth.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ok-then.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
this is some dumb sh*t dumbo dreamed up a few years back to make himself and the team feel better for sucking at life. They don't even play half the D1 teams in the state. Participation trophies, yay.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
List of colleges with more D-1 national titles than fsu:

John Hopkins University
University of Denver
Tuskegee University
Tennessee State University
San Jose State University
Dartmouth University
University of Texas El Paso

In other words, they are a joke as a D1 athletic program. They are a one trick program. That is it. Football is all they have, literally.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Although this is extremely stupid and embarrassing, it is still not as bad as proclaiming bogus national championships like the neanderthal program in Tuscaloosa.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Although this is extremely stupid and embarrassing, it is still not as bad as proclaiming bogus national championships like the neanderthal program in Tuscaloosa.
What's even more pathetic is there are people who really believe Alabama has all those titles compared to FSU being laughed at all the while the FSU fans considering buying these rings.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
List of colleges with more D-1 national titles than fsu:

John Hopkins University
University of Denver
Tuskegee University
Tennessee State University
San Jose State University
Dartmouth University
University of Texas El Paso

In other words, they are a joke as a D1 athletic program. They are a one trick program. That is it. Football is all they have, literally.

As an alum, I am required to point out that Dartmouth, although it has a number of nationally ranked grad schools, as an institution has always strongly favored the undergrad side of education, and therefore has always been called Dartmouth COLLEGE. Since 1769.

College Football was just a leeeeeeeeetle bit different back when Dartmouth "won" a national title in football, which was in 1925.

Fun note: During the time I was there, all but one of the football players in the incoming 4 classes graduated in four years. The single exception had a bad injury and took an extra year to graduate. Football is important, but it's not everything.

Dartmouth's most notable football accomplishment in recent years is probably the invention of the robotic tackling dummy, which the Pittsburgh Steelers and other teams have been testing.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, aka abuse deservedly piled on FSU.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty much the equivalent to a participation trophy.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As an alum, I am required to point out that Dartmouth, although it has a number of nationally ranked grad schools, as an institution has always strongly favored the undergrad side of education, and therefore has always been called Dartmouth COLLEGE. Since 1769.

College Football was just a leeeeeeeeetle bit different back when Dartmouth "won" a national title in football, which was in 1925.

Fun note: During the time I was there, all but one of the football players in the incoming 4 classes graduated in four years. The single exception had a bad injury and took an extra year to graduate. Football is important, but it's not everything.

Dartmouth's most notable football accomplishment in recent years is probably the invention of the robotic tackling dummy, which the Pittsburgh Steelers and other teams have been testing.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming, aka abuse deservedly piled on FSU.

College football was lot different as recently as the 60's when players actually attended class and earned degrees. Look at all the former Gators that are doctors and lawyers now. You rarely see a former player pursuing these degrees in the present

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How many FSU players does it take to change a ceiling lightbulb ?
11 ... 10 to chant "we're back" and 1 to screw it up.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is it really a championship if you are the only ones competing for it?

It made sense back when we played Miami every year and there were only 3 teams in the state.

We rarely play Miami and I don't see another UCF game anytime soon. I don't think we ever played USF. We've played FAU a couple of times I think.

But again, what the hell is this?

A recruiting gimmick by Jimbo. That's what it is.

Alex.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Is it really a championship if you are the only ones competing for it?

It made sense back when we played Miami every year and there were only 3 teams in the state.

We rarely play Miami and I don't see another UCF game anytime soon. I don't think we ever played USF. We've played FAU a couple of times I think.

But again, what the hell is this?

A recruiting gimmick by Jimbo. That's what it is.

Alex.

We played USF in 2010 I think it was. We won, but it wasn't pretty, then again not many of our games were that year.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll laugh at them for this when we force them to contrive 'swagger' in another way.

Win the game this year Gators. Please.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anybody notice that the article stated that they listed the scores from UF and MyHammy. Yet they played USF and beat them as well. Why didn't they list that score?

Probably because the whole thing really is meaningless cr@p.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We played USF in 2010 I think it was. We won, but it wasn't pretty, then again not many of our games were that year.
USF went to choak and embarrassed the noles and booby a year or two previous to that game. Same QB for both games if I remember correctly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, track and gymnastics smack? Is that what we are now? People who talk smack about tennis and chess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator