FSU WR Davante Phillips facing 5 felony charges

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
FSU and Jimbo don't have a choice. Davante Phillips has to be suspended until the charges are dropped or he is found not guilty.

There's a lot of history behind the reason why.

The Julian Pittman rule took effect at FSU in the late 1990s. Pittman was a star DE for Saint Bobby and the Seminoles. Then one day Pittman decided he really didn't like his ex-girlfriend. He went to her home and forced his way in. He stole her credit cards and ordered a pizza. Then he went on a shopping spree at the mall. The police were waiting for Pittman when he arrived back at his house after a tiring day of stealing. They found him wearing just purchased clothes with bags of other purchased items in the car. They also found the stolen credit card and all of the receipts signed with Pittman's handwriting. Pittman was charged with several felonies. Here's his mugshot with the newly purchased threads.

1998-07-26_107548.jpg

Of course, Bobby saw things a little differently than other people might. Bowden commented ''Poor timing, boy. I hate it for him. It was his last year, and he's already been redshirted. I'm very disappointed for him. It never got in my hands." He went on to say
''It ruined my day. I just don't know what happens to other students. It just seems so darn harsh.''

The school's administrators, under fire due to so many previous scandals, suspended Pittman for the entire season. It appeared his career was over.

Then, Bowden found a loophole. FSU did not have a written rule that players charged with felonies are automatically suspended. Pittman somehow hired a legal team and they took the case to court. Judge after judge found in FSU's favor. They all stated that playing football is not a right and therefore FSU could suspend Pittman. However, eventually Pittman's apparently very inexpensive legal team (hope they didn't accept a credit card) found an appellate judge that overturned the previous hearings. Just like that, Pittman was again eligible to play.

While the court cases were going through the system, Pittman was also going through the legal system as a perp. He plead guilty to burglary and fraudulent use of a credit card. He was now a convicted felon. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years of probation.

None of that deterred Saint Bobby. He reinstated Pittman to the team and he played the final four games of the season and the Sugar Bowl.

The FSU administration was so embarrassed by the whole ordeal that they created the Julian Pittman rule. Now it is a written rule that no FSU athlete can compete while facing a felony charge or after being convicted of a felony.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
FSU and Jimbo don't have a choice. Davante Phillips has to be suspended until the charges are dropped or he is found not guilty.

There's a lot of history behind the reason why.

The Julian Pittman rule took effect at FSU in the late 1990s. Pittman was a star DE for Saint Bobby and the Seminoles. Then one day Pittman decided he really didn't like his ex-girlfriend. He went to her home and forced his way in. He stole her credit cards and ordered a pizza. Then he went on a shopping spree at the mall. The police were waiting for Pittman when he arrived back at his house after a tiring day of stealing. They found him wearing just purchased clothes with bags of other purchased items in the car. They also found the stolen credit card and all of the receipts signed with Pittman's handwriting. Pittman was charged with several felonies. Here's his mugshot with the newly purchased threads.

1998-07-26_107548.jpg

Of course, Bobby saw things a little differently than other people might. Bowden commented ''Poor timing, boy. I hate it for him. It was his last year, and he's already been redshirted. I'm very disappointed for him. It never got in my hands." He went on to say
''It ruined my day. I just don't know what happens to other students. It just seems so darn harsh.''

The school's administrators, under fire due to so many previous scandals, suspended Pittman for the entire season. It appeared his career was over.

Then, Bowden found a loophole. FSU did not have a written rule that players charged with felonies are automatically suspended. Pittman somehow hired a legal team and they took the case to court. Judge after judge found in FSU's favor. They all stated that playing football is not a right and therefore FSU could suspend Pittman. However, eventually Pittman's apparently very inexpensive legal team (hope they didn't accept a credit card) found an appellate judge that overturned the previous hearings. Just like that, Pittman was again eligible to play.

While the court cases were going through the system, Pittman was also going through the legal system as a perp. He plead guilty to burglary and fraudulent use of a credit card. He was now a convicted felon. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years of probation.

None of that deterred Saint Bobby. He reinstated Pittman to the team and he played the final four games of the season and the Sugar Bowl.

The FSU administration was so embarrassed by the whole ordeal that they created the Julian Pittman rule. Now it is a written rule that no FSU athlete can compete while facing a felony charge or after being convicted of a felony.
That's the part I don't believe.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He will plea to a misdemeanor or have the charges dropped in a week.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
@2222 - I'm guessing that's the context origin behind booby's infamous "praying for a misdemeanor" response when reporters asked what he would do about a player who just got busted (can't remember the charge)?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
@2222 - I'm guessing that's the context origin behind booby's infamous "praying for a misdemeanor" response when reporters asked what he would do about a player who just got busted (can't remember the charge)?

In October 1999 Peter Warrick was arrested for stealing over $400 worth of clothes from Dillards. He admitted that he had done the same thing on several previous occasions. He was famously quoted as saying ''It's not like I killed the President.'' It was the second time in a year that Warrick had been arrested. When asked about the situation by the press Bowden famously stated “I’m praying for a misdemeanor”.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TPD and the Tallahassee prosecutor's office should be considered Clown booster clubs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In October 1999 Peter Warrick was arrested for stealing over $400 worth of clothes from Dillards. He admitted that he had done the same thing on several previous occasions. He was famously quoted as saying ''It's not like I killed the President.'' It was the second time in a year that Warrick had been arrested. When asked about the situation by the press Bowden famously stated “I’m praying for a misdemeanor”.
I shot the sheriff but I did not shoot the president

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please someone with a twitter acct troll that arrogant piece of shish, actually make a comment like, at least he didn't shoot the president right Danny???? GTFOOH....
oh he is getting his fair share of hits for that comment :lol:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok good. Of all the past F$u QBs he is by far the worst. He is a complete tool IRL and probably had a lot to do why he was let go from ESPN.

Yet, some loser on this board said that he liked Kanell.
Ox should have suspended him indefinitely for being a fool

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.