Gak ineligible

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This program is snake bitten it seems. I don't say that because Gak is so important, I say that because we will now see more Rimmer.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting will determine the success of Coach White and he has an uphill battle on his hands. As I have said before, we are a middle of the road program that had a great coach which is why we were able to get the talent in the past. Let's be honest, Gak was a bit of a reach and now he isn't even eligible which further exasperates the situation.

Good Luck Coach White, I hope you can pull it off!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At 6'11", 205 lbs., exactly how much PT did y'all expect him to get this year.....jeeeesh...

This has less than zero impact on this year's team.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At 6'11", 205 lbs., exactly how much PT did y'all expect him to get this year.....jeeeesh...

Agreed but Gak was for 2017-18 when we will have no big men to speak of which is why it is somewhat of a big deal.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed but Gak was for 2017-18 when we will have no big men to speak of which is why it is somewhat of a big deal.

We only lose Rimmer this year, who y'all seem to hate anyway....Gak can still enroll, eat, lift, and practice.

Egbunu is a Jr. this year and Hayes a So.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It would be nice for him to get some game experience, but a year in the strength program putting on weight and muscle while practicing isn't a horrible thing.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We only lose Rimmer this year, who y'all seem to hate anyway....Gak can still enroll, eat, lift, and practice.

Egbunu is a Jr. this year and Hayes a So.

You assume that Egbunu stays his senior year and I hope you are correct but who knows?
Right now Hayes is 25 lbs, away from being an effective big man. He can make that happen so I am hopeful.
I am not trying to be a downer just pointing out that Coach White must ramp up recruiting quickly (this year and next) or the heat will be turned up given the new arena and all. I actually feel like he has a tournament team this year and if they perform he should be fine. If they miss the tournament this year.........

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It would be nice for him to get some game experience, but a year in the strength program putting on weight and muscle while practicing isn't a horrible thing... and that still may happen.

1. Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 27m27 minutes ago Florida, USA
    Gak's HS coach, Loren Jackson, said he thinks Florida will be able to appeal to try to get the year of eligibility back.
Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 30m30 minutes ago Florida, USA
Gak's issue not academic, told that he played in too many games in postgrad year at Victory Rock. Was supposed to shut down in Dec.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You assume that Egbunu stays his senior year and I hope you are correct but who knows?
Right now Hayes is 25 lbs, away from being an effective big man. He can make that happen so I am hopeful.
I am not trying to be a downer just pointing out that Coach White must ramp up recruiting quickly (this year and next) or the heat will be turned up given the new arena and all. I actually feel like he has a tournament team this year and if they perform he should be fine. If they miss the tournament this year.........
Where is Egbunu going after next year?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To the NBA development league where all delusional basketball players go. He will probably have Devin Robinson as a teammate.

I don't think he is ready but how many guys leave before they are ready?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To the NBA development league where all delusional basketball players go. He will probably have Devin Robinson as a teammate.

I don't think he is ready but how many guys leave before they are ready?
I don't think he'll ever be a nba player and I doubt the scouts like him very much. I bet the scouts like Robinson but he'll never make it either. But you're right, we've seen several players leave early that had no business doing so.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he'll ever be a nba player and I doubt the scouts like him very much. I bet the scouts like Robinson but he'll never make it either. But you're right, we've seen several players leave early that had no business doing so.

I think you're wrong to be honest. Egbunu is an ox down low. Just needs a little more development and adding a few post moves will do wonders.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Again, this is more of a Rimmer thing. I'd rather throw in an underweight freshman than Rimmer.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think you're wrong to be honest. Egbunu is an ox down low. Just needs a little more development and adding a few post moves will do wonders.
He'll make alot of money in Europe

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Somebody gave Chris Walker a contract, Eqbunu is already twice the player Walker was when he left.
The NBA are still suckers for big guys.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'll make alot of money in Europe

Egbunu is still a baby experience wise in the game and is not mentally tough enough, yet. Tennessee embarrassed him last year by getting into his head. He needs 2 more years of SEC ball, but will probably take bad advice from the agent leeches. He may make it to the NBA after seasoning in Europe or the developmental league....it will depend on how had he wants it....he has 10 times the chance someone like Patric does as he doesn't even like basketball and has bad, small hands.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody gave Chris Walker a contract, Eqbunu is already twice the player Walker was when he left.
The NBA are still suckers for big guys.
Chris walker signed a deal that wasn't guaranteed and then he didn't make the team so I doubt he got much money

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator