Gak's a Gator!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He is a noob and skinny as hell....p.r.o.j.e.c.t.

Seems White disagrees with you:

"On Tuesday, Florida announced its third signing of the 2016 class, 6-foot-11 center Gorjok Gak, a player whom White thinks is capable of making an early impact. ...

“We recruited him heavily last summer and fall,” White said. “I’ve seen him play several times both in AAU and high school. And we’re very fortunate after missing on him in the fall, having another shot at him. He’s a great young man, he’s extremely long and he’s a very good mover for his size, he’s got good feet, he runs and jumps well and he’s very skilled. He’s a consistent jump shot away from being extremely skilled because he’s got terrific hands, he can pass it, and handle it for a big.” "

https://www.gatorsports.com/article/20160426/ARTICLES/160429749?tc=cr

Of course a coach particularly a new coach wants to sell the fan base on his recruiting. Still White was realistic about Stone last year. We shall see.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seems White disagrees with you:

"On Tuesday, Florida announced its third signing of the 2016 class, 6-foot-11 center Gorjok Gak, a player whom White thinks is capable of making an early impact. ...

“We recruited him heavily last summer and fall,” White said. “I’ve seen him play several times both in AAU and high school. And we’re very fortunate after missing on him in the fall, having another shot at him. He’s a great young man, he’s extremely long and he’s a very good mover for his size, he’s got good feet, he runs and jumps well and he’s very skilled. He’s a consistent jump shot away from being extremely skilled because he’s got terrific hands, he can pass it, and handle it for a big.” "

https://www.gatorsports.com/article/20160426/ARTICLES/160429749?tc=cr

Of course a coach particularly a new coach wants to sell the fan base on his recruiting. Still White was realistic about Stone last year. We shall see.
Nothing in the quote indicated that White made that assertion. Hopefully Brockway isn't putting words in his mouth.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just read Brockway's article stating that White's class ranks 58th in the country, ouch!
As I have said many times, I am hopeful that he will get it going quickly but I have to admit that the results to date suggest that the good times are fading quickly.
I sure hope all the big money boosters are ready to fill up the new "club" section of the O'Dome at $2k/seat.
I am downgrading my 35 year seats on row 3 due to the ridiculous cost. Good Luck Jeremy!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I just read Brockway's article stating that White's class ranks 58th in the country, ouch!
As I have said many times, I am hopeful that he will get it going quickly but I have to admit that the results to date suggest that the good times are fading quickly.
I sure hope all the big money boosters are ready to fill up the new "club" section of the O'Dome at $2k/seat.
I am downgrading my 35 year seats on row 3 due to the ridiculous cost. Good Luck Jeremy!

Look at our 2017 class, then step off the ledge.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look at our 2017 class, then step off the ledge.

Not on a ledge, just disappointed that something I have truly enjoyed for decades is coming to an end. That is, having great seats to watch a great program.
I know the great seats part is ending and I fear the great program part is as well.

I don't think that qualifies me for suicide watch or anything else just honest commentary.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not on a ledge, just disappointed that something I have truly enjoyed for decades is coming to an end. That is, having great seats to watch a great program.
I know the great seats part is ending and I fear the great program part is as well.

I don't think that qualifies me for suicide watch or anything else just honest commentary.

I understand being upset by that, but even having season tickets is awesome. I think White is getting settled in recruiting wise, now he just needs to coach em up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing in the quote indicated that White made that assertion. Hopefully Brockway isn't putting words in his mouth.

Well I can't speak for Brockway's exactitude versus poetic license but there is that "White said" and
the quotation marks interrupted then reinstated as marking he said it. ??
With the inside big-men we have coming back, I think Gak will get the "guide-rails" needed to
contribute plenty minutes without hurting us like a Rimmer can.

It's possible Gak will "skyrocket" his learning curve because he's only been at organized
basketball for the minimum years of any BBall player we've ever had... possibly that the
NCAA has ever had. Anybody know his years' experience at such. Most college BBallers
have been seriously pursuing BBall since they were 8-9-10 years old. I can hope better
than any can criticize. Go Gator BBall ... NIT eat our dust.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't worry about white's recruiting. The 16 cycle was damn near over by the time he was hired, not to mention we don't have alot of scholarship room or minutes to offer. The 17 class is probably going to be top 5-10 range. My concern with white is his coaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator