Game day on our cancellation

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why everyone blames UF. This was the SEC offices call not UFs. People gloss over that.
To be honest, the only folks I hear saying this was the SEC's deal are Florida fans. Everyone else says its Florida's fault. I'm starting to believe it might be our fault.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
After bunkering down my home in the darkness for hours, enduring several hours of being hammered by Hurricane Matthew, and hearing a big oak tree crack and fall into my neighbor's house, I don't give a flying u-know-what about what ESPN, the SEC, or LSU think about the game being cancelled. And LSU, of all schools, should be sensitive to hurricane related issues. They can all F themselves and go to Hell.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Hope everyone is doing well and safe that was in the path of the storm. We lost our power for about 28 hours and that was the worst for us. It went out 1 hour before the storm was done in Orlando. I'm just glad it shifted a little east to only get the 40MPH wind instead of 80mpH wind they predicted.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The game was meaningless anyway. It was at noon for a reason. The storm put this game on the radar.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My reply to the d-bag on Gridiron Now about how we ruined his life over the LSU game
but first his post in reply to this.............

stephenPE:

Is this guy real? Hurricanes are notorious for changing directions or worse. He waited till THurs cause he wanted to play in gville as scheduled ...

Chris Theard
Of course he is. It's called the reality of exactly what happened. Please do explain why else Fla stalled out all week til Thursday all the while saying "we are confident we can play the game in Gainsville sat" this hurricane was there all along. They knew it would force the Sec to cancel the game of no agreement could be made between AD'S of both schools. LSU offered BR well early in the week which would've game them time to make the arrangements. Also offered up 4 different neutral sites Mobile, Tallahassee, Nashville, and N.O. Oh and the best part we offered to fly into Tampa and drive our buses to Gainsville to play Sat night, Sunday, or even Monday. He wouldn't even agree to a reschedule of Sunday or Monday and then evaluate it later like Friday or Saturday by which time the affects of the storm could be better evaluated. Of course he vehemently denied that as well. They got their cancellation as they wanted all along. Weak for a school like Florida. Actually more like pathetic.
Chris, I am going to create this reply on the premise that you have more than two or three brains cells that rub together. I know this game thing was a YUUUUUGEE inconvenience for LSU fans as they lost an opportunity to get sh#t faced again. I have been to many many UF / LSU games at the Swamp and even before it was called the Swamp and am always amazed at the staggering fans in yellow and purple I see coming in. Young old male female.......they all have that stagger/swagger. Ok, no more fun at your expense. What you saw as just a passing shower and inconvenience here was much more than that. I live right here in N Fla. and this is what we had going on. Hundreds of thousands of people flowing inland and north to avoid what everyone believed would be a really bad storm. Gas was gone all over north Fla and food stocks were, also. I saw empty shelves in Publix which never happens. Gas was still gone yesterday. Those fleeing folks were coming north to Gainesville and from the coast and south. Hotels and motels were full and bursting. Even back roads and secondary roads were full of people running from it and utility trucks running toward it. To say it simply we had a human emergency as well as a weather emergency. I know that football in a place like La. is important. It is important in Gainesville, too. But sometimes life gets in the way. It is still in the way as thousands around here are still without power and our beloved places like Flagler and Jax beach and St Augustine are a huge mess. We are only an hour away from those places. It was that close. So my advice is to stay home, get hammered in the safety of that environment and tell your buddies how chickensh#t we are here sending Jeremy Foley into retirement. have a nice day................

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
The only thing I got out of this is that there are a lot of you that still watch Game Day. The ONLY way I watch ESPN (yes I know SEC Network is ESPN as well) is if there is a Gator of another GOOD SEC Game on. If not I will watch CBS or SEC Network. It is sad to say that ESPN has become so political that I refuse to watch or even click on their website.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
To be honest, the only folks I hear saying this was the SEC's deal are Florida fans. Everyone else says its Florida's fault. I'm starting to believe it might be our fault.
Fault? How is it anyone's fault canceling a game, that in the grand scheme of life, means absolutely nothing, with the best information they had provided by the NHC at the time? If the storm tracked even 20 miles west of its actual position, Florida's east coast gets ravaged far worse and Gainesville doesn't get off nearly as easily as it did. 24 people have already died and cleanup/recovery is still in full force for much of FL's east coast. This story of rescheduling the game has reached epic levels of dumbassery and majority of those involved need to STFU.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Fault? How is it anyone's fault canceling a game, that in the grand scheme of life, means absolutely nothing, with the best information they had provided by the NHC at the time? If the storm tracked even 20 miles west of its actual position, Florida's east coast gets ravaged far worse and Gainesville doesn't get off nearly as easily as it did. 24 people have already died and cleanup/recovery is still in full force for much of FL's east coast. This story of rescheduling the game has reached epic levels of dumbassery and majority of those involved need to STFU.
Do these idiots have any clue what a real hurricane situation involves? Obviously not. It's like they live, work, and travel in artificially controlled air systems dependent on a thermostat or switch, and are totally ignorant. of the dynamics, mass, and forces that make and impact hurricanes.

I guess in a virtual world mentality it's easy to to sit safely away from the reality and condemn people for dealing with real world circumstances and impacts..

I heard today, that Kingsland, GA, just got drinking water and power back. As y'all know, the hurricane winds were lower there and more offshore than across from Gainesville. Someone else wrote that Gainesville still had gasoline scarcities yesterday. I am really surprised at the pervasiveness of the dumbassery. CapitalGator02 called it accurately. It truly is at epic levels. What a stupid population we have become. It seems like the decision to not play Saturday should be an obvious non issue, certainly one that leaves no room for blame.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator