Game History

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1964 The WR coach for fsu was aw shucks Bowden. 1968 Jack Youngblood kicks a field goal in the 93 win. 1970 listening to a gator blow out and in comes 3rd string qb for hafassu Gary Huff, bang bang bang its a game but uf wins 38-27.
Best one,
and should be an inspiration to us all. 1971 0-5 gators at home against 5-0 fsu. Tommy (TD) Durrance called the seniors together for discusion , as the walked down the halls of the dorm baning on the doors of juniors sophs and even lowly b team players the all gathered on the darkened Fla Field 50 yard line. Instead of a pep rally or win one for the new coach they let it all out about players not hustling or missin tackle or letting up while running pass routes. Finally DL Robert Harrell expressed what many players felt. " I love this team alot more than I did before. The next afternoon that winless group went out and whipped the nolies 17-14. great day
1975 Jimmy Dubose (we would chant DUUUU DUUUU people thought we were booing) ran for over 200 yards and we beat that behind 34-8 giving Doug D his 6th straight win over hafazu. Jimmy Fischer Qbd them much of the way. I had to wrestle him in college once in a class. It was a draw.
1981 We beat them 38-3 at Fla field. I was up in the south endzone beside some drunk gals and it was fkn glorious after 0-10-1. But then we headed to gloomy cold wet Atlanta for the Peach Bowl and too much partying by the team led to an ass whipping. Almost two. As we left in the 4th qtr. my wife was freezing and when a WV fan asked what that big F on the cowboy hat stood for, she replied most unlady like to a whole section of WV fans '"F#CCCKK YOU!!!" They were speechless literally and we left for home (got a damned speeding ticket right outside of gville almost home)

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the Peach Bowl. What a miserable frigging wet windy day.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n118523 said:

It was awful and everytime they scored Davey Crockett ran out with that gun and fired it. Their fans were loving that weather and acted as if it was
the super bowl

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite FSU game was 1985. I believe that was the year they brought that stupid chant out.....By the end of the game we had co-opted it...even had out band mimicking it....loved that game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n118523 said:

That was back when minor bowl games meant something to the fans. I remember watching the Tangerine Bowl the following year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
AugustaGator;n118651 said:
My favorite FSU game was 1985. I believe that was the year they brought that stupid chant out.....By the end of the game we had co-opted it...even had out band mimicking it....loved that game.
hell yes, rememer that WE were chopping like lunatics F FSU

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.