Gamecock fans seem stunned at their lack of offense, turning on Muschamp

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes I know, we suck. And since we do, it's best to look to other places for temporary amusement. Cockytalk is one of those places after USC managed to score TEN points, yes TEN, against perhaps the worst defense in college football, the Kentucky Wildcats.

They thought Kurt Roper was an offensive genius (seriously), they just don't understand this. Why can't he see the same stuff they do?
If I recall correctly, Roper had Florida running on all cylinders. One of the highest scoring teams around.

That was before injuries.

It's pretty easy to see why Coach thought he would be a great hire for OC. Hell, a lot of us thought it was a home run.
That is a serious quote.

That board is full of hilarious stuff, fans still in denial at the total trainwreck that they are in the middle of, and still don't know it.

http://cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Discuss.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well we did put up 65 points in Roper's first game as OC. Granted, it was against Eastern Michigan....... :lol:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Everything they are saying is so familiar "Let him recruit" "Blame the last coach" "He's a winner"

Going to enjoy their inevitable 0-12 season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised. The Cocks knew exactly what they were getting in Muschoper. They're in for a long haul with him.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I was about to post the same thing. The "Roper had Florida running on all cylinders" comment had me looking for my login. But the general consensus over there is that no one is ready to fire Chump and they give hime three years to clean up the mess left by Spurrier. Who apparently left the cupboard bare. Chump is going to kill it in recruiting and get things fixed. Most do however direct their ire at Roper. Or blame the QB and the Oline. Sounds a lot like us.
I saw at least one comment that "maybe the Florida fans were right" about Chump. And one observant poster noted that they are seeing the same crappy offense that Chump/Roper had in 2014. But those comments go without a response. I get the feeling that they are resigned to the fact that they don't have any options but to keep Chump around and grin and bear it. However they are most delusional about how Chump is going to recruit offensive talent (particularly Oline). For the first time I actually feel sorry for them and don't even want to troll them.

Also I watched some of their game last night. Pretty sure Chump is on sedatives.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Have you ever seen a duck pull a truck? Nor has anyone seen Muschamp run a competent offense.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I mentioned this in a post on another thread, didn't want to waste bandwidth with another Duncechump thread, but glad you did Ox.

The Collie ****ers are going to curbstomp them Saturday.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm amazed that they can't put together 2 and 2. Let's say they wait until Chump recruits his guys, and somehow they are the same level as he recruited at UF. Best case scenario they end up with the 2014 Gators that went 7-5 :lmao2:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no sympathy for them. Unlike us, they had tape on him as a HC, and still hired him.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They're just now turning on him??? Who in their right mind couldn't of known how much of a disaster that hire was from the start?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
All universities are supposed to be institutions of higher learning, instructing advanced thinking skills. So USCe leaders all put their Phd heads together... and hire the chimp.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have no sympathy for them. Unlike us, they had tape on him as a HC, and still hired him.

My sentiments exactly plus the fact that they trashed SOS for over a year because he was no longer winning. You know like they always did before he got there

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
10 points against that stout UK defense is pretty impressive for a Muschamp led team. I'm not sure what they have to complain about!!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
tumblr_mw6gdupB5F1ren1y6o1_1280.jpg

Muschamp's idea of innovation.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:britney: - i thought they would compete for the East this year, what went wrong so fast?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
10 points against that stout UK defense is pretty impressive for a Muschamp led team. I'm not sure what they have to complain about!!

that was my thought, that's an offensive explosion.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These idiots still don't have a clue. They are still in year 1 of what is surely to be 3-4 years of muschamp ball where even the wins are unbearable to watch

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
His offense is 2nd to last in Points Per Game in D1. Unreal...well, not really.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/gamecocks-offense-still-searching-for-ways-to-make-it-work

South Carolina’s offense ranks second-to-last in points per game (14.3) and is tied for the fewest touchdowns after four games (6) in the FBS. Florida International, the lone school with fewer points per game, fired coach Ron Turner on Sunday.

The offensive woes were highlighted in the 17-10 loss to Kentucky, which had given up at least 500 yards of offense to its first three opponents. The Gamecocks had just 268, struggling particularly to run the ball against a highly suspect UK run defense.

South Carolina had just 42 yards after four drives Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.