Gameday

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Has it gotten this bad that a 1 loss Gator team was picked to outright lose today, not stand a chance against LSU and of all things Kentucky will beat Ga and Tenn to win the east? WTF is going on these days?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I remember ten years ago, these same analysists said the gators were awful. Didn't win pretty. Weren't even remotely close to deserving to be in the national title game.

Well the 6th year of the last two decades have been very nice for these Florida gators. Let them sleep on us. Hopefully it'll burn a fire that stays lit all the way to the NC game.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I think that those talking heads see the same things that most of us objective fans see. A team that is average at best in a horrible division. We have played 1 team all year that was decent when we matched up and we completed folded up the tent. KY was awful when we played them, but have improved a lot lately. TN was good when we played them and now they are a total dumpster fire. We looked awful against a very bad VU team and a very bad UGA team. Also we have not always played that well away from home, so that always opens the door for a slip up. It can't be argued that although we usually have a good defense statistically, we tend to really make a handful of silly mistakes in road games that often open the door wide for potential problems. Just look at TN this year. I personally share the views of the talking heads mostly b/c we are not a fundamentally sound team which is not a good trait when going on the road.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Everyone I know expects the hogs to win. I'm rooting for my gators, but I have no confidence in LDR. It is why I think we lose at arky and at lsu. Thankfully, I think the vols lose another game because that team looks like it is on the verge of imploding. It is hard to win an sec road game with a QB as bad as LDR. After rewatching a couple of games this season, I'm firmly convinced the o-line is playing much better than they are given credit for. Opposing defenses simply don't respect LDR at all. Also, who have we beaten this year that is any good? Kentucky appears to be our best win.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I don't watch game day anymore. Can't stand any of them. Can't stand slimebaum either.

I don't watch Gameday either. Mostly fluff and blather. Wrt Arkansas game, If LDR stinks up the place I wouldn't be surprised to see Appleby in third quarter as a change of pace.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems Mac's leaving the only choice of believing in magic for getting a win versus any team with
a pulse ? We can't beat a pulse ? LDR needs CPR . Let's hope today, that LDR & his Offense teammates master that quick-hitter pass-game, along with more of those "surprise-too-late" lightening-fast Callaway sweeps (mix it with the speed of Powell,of Cleveland,of Chris Thompson?)
Maybe the shun-shame on M.Thompson's missed game will cause him to explode with vile power?
(He needs to be taught by watching films of Auburn's Petway ?)

LDR needs to fade back not flee back. He needs to step forward in his throws and fire it.
Receivers need to snatch the ball away from DBs' hands. Just Go Gators ... start fast & sure,
and never let up. Kentucky is nipping at your heels .?? :confused:

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has it gotten this bad that a 1 loss Gator team was picked to outright lose today, not stand a chance against LSU and of all things Kentucky will beat Ga and Tenn to win the east? WTF is going on these days?

They are probably focused on our offense too much. The SECN busted out laughing when the odds of us going undefeated to reach the playoff was brought up.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't watch Gameday either. Mostly fluff and blather. Wrt Arkansas game, If LDR stinks up the place I wouldn't be surprised to see Trask in third quarter as a change of pace.
FIFY

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

They're talking wild speculation because it gets attention. Should we lose today, I think the vols are the obvious pick, even given their current shape. At this point last week we had 3x the chance to make Atl as UK currently does and you didn't have this talk about us going.

As for our game today, Vegas thinks we win and most analysts do as well. Is it a tricky contest, sure. But we actually match up with them way better than we thought we would coming in.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we have some here that are as negative as I can ever remember fans being. And the day of a critical game that may very well determine the East, no les. No we're not prefect but my God. We're 6-1 and close to winning the division for the second time straight, and we elect to be miserable. I don't get it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Desmond, Lil' Wayne, and Corso said UF wins.....Herbshyt as usual dissin'.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
They're talking wild speculation because it gets attention. Should we lose today, I think the vols are the obvious pick, even given their current shape. At this point last week we had 3x the chance to make Atl as UK currently does and you didn't have this talk about us going.

As for our game today, Vegas thinks we win and most analysts do as well. Is it a tricky contest, sure. But we actually match up with them way better than we thought we would coming in.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we have some here that are as negative as I can ever remember fans being. And the day of a critical game that may very well determine the East, no les. No we're not prefect but my God. We're 6-1 and close to winning the division for the second time straight, and we elect to be miserable. I don't get it.

Here's a little perspective on our 6-1 record...

The combined win-loss record of the seven teams we've played is 26-31.

The combined win-loss record of the six teams we've beaten is 21-28.

Of the seven teams we've played, only two have winning records at this point, and both barely do (at 5-3).

Of our six wins, only one has come against a team that currently has a winning record. (Mighty Kentucky, at 5-3.)

Given the "gauntlet" we've faced, isn't 6-1 to be expected? Heck, you could argue 7-0 is to be expected given the schedule. If we were 5-2 or worse, it'd be a really, really, bad sign. We're 6-1. So what? We supposed to be at least 6-1, given our schedule.

So enough with the pumping! Let's see how we stand after the next four games. Win at LSU. Win at FSU. (And look competent doing so.) Then maybe there'll be a glimmer of hope. Otherwise ... same old, same old.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a little perspective on our 6-1 record...

The combined win-loss record of the seven teams we've played is 26-31.

The combined win-loss record of the six teams we've beaten is 21-28.

Of the seven teams we've played, only two have winning records at this point, and both barely do (at 5-3).

Of our six wins, only one has come against a team that currently has a winning record. (Mighty Kentucky, at 5-3.)

Given the "gauntlet" we've faced, isn't 6-1 to be expected? Heck, you could argue 7-0 is to be expected given the schedule. If we were 5-2 or worse, it'd be a really, really, bad sign. We're 6-1. So what? We supposed to be at least 6-1, given our schedule.

So enough with the pumping! Let's see how we stand after the next four games. Win at LSU. Win at FSU. (And look competent doing so.) Then maybe there'll be a glimmer of hope. Otherwise ... same old, same old.

It's not pumping when you state facts. We are 6-1. We are on the path to the SEC championship. Sure we have a lot to clean up, but that doesn't change anything as long as we win. You can only beat the teams you play on your schedule.

Side note- the opposite of pumping would be sucking, right? Try not to suck so much, sucker ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator