Gator Baseball

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:stars:

This is my favorite time of the year. Why? Because @dz_23 participates on the board.

Great hearing from dz.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From what I saw online it looked like they had a great crowd at the game. Glad to see the Gators won. I keep thinking every year is the year we break through and get hot and win this thing... hopefully this year is it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Welcome back DZ, it must be baseball. I was unable to go to the game last nite, but hope to go today (weather permitting) and tomorrow. I did see the game and was surprised with the offense a little b/c I had seen some fall scrimmages and I think the offense will be more consistent. Ironically, one of the things that I mentioned after last year was what to do with 1st Base and CF defensively. I threw out the idea of moving Guthrie to either spot and moving India to SS b/c I think he is the best defensive infielder they have, but Guthrie and Liput are good also. I don;t know if Sully toyed with the idea of moving Guthrie to CF, but with Guthrie out in the fall he could not practice. I just thought of it again last nite when that kid misplayed a routine ball in CF. But they have a good team. I hope the bullpen continues to show b/c with guys like Singer and Faedo who are big K guys, they throw a lot of pitches and thus do not always go deep into the games. Either way it was a good start and looking forward to scrotUM coming to the MAC next weekend.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Thanks Bud, CF is a question mark that we have not had in years. You just dont replace a Reed defensively. The bullpen usually takes a few weeks to develop. I like what I saw in Byrne last night and I think he steps in closer role. Still wish we had D Reyes in OF and Moss as 4th starter/relief but I think we will be fine. First game so I expected the tightness. We always start a few freshman but I liked the at bats by Reece and Langsworthy. My only question is middle relief but Im stoked to see Singer and Kowar next two days.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Game 2 Singer on the bump, I really like this kid and expect a big year

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Spoke too soon. Single, HBP, FC, FC, Walk, Pop Out

Down 0-1, Bot 2

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
@SSIGator Why the Dislike?

he-jelly-ohhe-jelly.jpg

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
And that's a wrap... 8 - 1 ...Gators are 2 - 0 and face Jax U on Tues and Wed.
Then the scUM come to Gainesville Friday for a three game home stand

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How'd the langworthy boy do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays