Gator March Madness (Great Gator Hangouts in Gainesville bracket)...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I kinda like how they did the brackets by Generation, but it is HIGHLY controversial in my opinion, flat out BS in a lot of spots! Some phenomenal memories in here (I'm lookin' at you Farrah's on the Avenue and Ashley's Pub). Have at it!!!
Gator Bracket.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I kinda like how they did the brackets by Generation, but it is HIGHLY controversial in my opinion, flat out BS in a lot of spots! Some phenomenal memories in here (I'm lookin' at you Farrah's on the Avenue and Ashley's Pub). Have at it!!!
View attachment 56402
Clearly they have no concept of how seeding is supposed to work. A #1 & a #2 meeting in the second round?

Oh, and Mrs G says Joe’s Deli was woefully under seeded and the refs screwed them in their Sweet Sixteen contest.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
top ten all time
in not a real order

Skeeters
Bilbo and Gandolphs. my brother was his cook and drug courier at times.
Mike also created his fruit and cheese platter and French Onion Soup. George had a gold mine but I guess he made way more with the drugs until the Govt. intervened. Big loss in Gvill......Joe Cocker played there once after coming in to eat

College Inn
Dubs
Wilberts
Leonardos by the slice
Great Southern Music Hall
instead of Goerings, Jimmy Hughes Sporting goods an ICON on Univ ave
Pres and Eds........hottest bbq I ever ate. But the goat dinner was a keeper
On campus, The Rat...... Orange and Brew distant 2nd

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Clearly they have no concept of how seeding is supposed to work. A #1 & a #2 meeting in the second round?

Oh, and Mrs G says Joe’s Deli was woefully under seeded and the refs screwed them in their Sweet Sixteen contest.
I did think that Superior Towing upsetting the Rowdy Reptile was pretty funny... In the early '90's at Gatorwood, on game weekends at night, Superior Towing would roam the parking lot looking for cars to tow and people would throw eggs at the truck from the balcony. :lol:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still think Farrah’s had the best wings I’ve ever eaten.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
View attachment 56402

I'm looking for an online PDF (non-folded) version of that, but can't see anything identifiable on the image. Any idea who published it or where to find online?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm looking for an online PDF (non-folded) version of that, but can't see anything identifiable on the image. Any idea who published it or where to find online?
Yeah, there isn't one. It was the center spread of the Spring 2023 UF Alumni Association Gator magazine that they send out quarterly. It's not available online yet (maybe it is if you log in)...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Those wings were great!
Best ever... a group of 10-15 of us camped out there EVERY Wednesday night from around Spring '91 through Spring '93... $4.95 for a PITCHER of beer (a real pitcher, not a midget one) and TEN wings.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I still think Farrah’s had the best wings I’ve ever eaten.
:fistbump: you, @AlexDaGator and I have agreed on this many, many, times. For whatever reason, they changed how they did them at some point in the late 90's (or later?) and last time we went back when it was still open, they were were very different and just average. :sadnanner:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Yeah, there isn't one. It was the center spread of the Spring 2023 UF Alumni Association Gator magazine that they send out quarterly. It's not available online yet (maybe it is if you log in)...

Tracked it to their FB account, a post on March 5 saying it'll be posted by Mar 12. But, I'm losing the trail after that due to shtty internet on my end right now. I'll keep looking.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
CJ's out in round 1? HOSESHYT. CJ's on Archer in Winn Dixie plaza final four undoubtedly (IMO)

Joe's Deli? Not good. Want a sub, where is Hogan's (formerly Hogan's Heros)?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wilbert's bowing out in the first round is a travesty. My buddy and I used to go in there before church on Sunday every week.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dubs in the Final Four. I have to take some credit there. :lol:

NaterG8r

Aug 27, 2016
Balls was a crappy hole in the wall but great for drinks after 2am. They’d turn off the lights and keep serving until 3.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wilbert's bowing out in the first round is a travesty. My buddy and I used to go in there before church on Sunday every week.

Ox clearly knows Gainesville.
I thought the same thing, Wilberts was an institution on campus forever it seemed.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the list is solid overall and I was happy to see Ashley’s included and that it made it to the sweet sixteen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.