Gator Nation Football Podcast

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really like the way this guy breaks this stuff down. Sometimes I wonder why he's doing this instead of coaching. Sounds like he'd do a better job teaching our boys than our coaches are.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy is good.

10:26 the epitome of stupid Dwagtham plays. and also the reason why we play strong safeties at linebacker. for stupid bullshtt like this that doesn't work, it isnt even slightly sound football.

just because you can draw it on a board doesn't mean it can work.

Last edited:

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
This guy is good.

10:26 the epitome of stupid Dwagtham plays. and also the reason why we play strong safeties at linebacker. for stupid bullshtt like this that doesn't work, it isnt even slightly sound football.

Agreed. This is just stupidity.

Idt I would've ever picked up on that if it wasn't for this podcast.

I noticed when I was watching that #24 was taking pretty bad angles but things like us giving receivers free releases just about every play etc. I would've never noticed.

Great stuff!

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Sideways D to go with a sideways O!

I swear everything is predicated on “we gonna get a sack” so just stand there ;). I don’t consider buckrushstars as line backers. Please just some solid ILB for a season, is it too much to ask? The db trying to play it safety getting backed into a corner.. thank gawd for bad QB play

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This guy is good.

Perhaps the plan is to confuse the QB by offering 3 wide open receivers on the right side of the field, thus confusing him into a mistake? No one has anybody.

It’s the MyPillow defense: Plenty of cushion backed by suspect theories.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I'll bet 90% of the stuff this guy points out as bad defense and bad designs never gets addressed by this staff. Hell they probably don't even know it's bad.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'll bet 90% of the stuff this guy points out as bad defense and bad designs never gets addressed by this staff. Hell they probably don't even know it's bad.

Most teams do "self scouting" (or self evaluating). They could simply use an analyst to do this. But I'm sure they're all too afraid Fat Todd will bite their head off so they tow the company line, "Great defense this week, coach!" It's ridiculous. They likely have no idea what tendencies they're giving away and that other teams are easily scouting/scheming to run all over this porous defense. Fat Todd gotta go....and his 'dismissal' will buy Mullen yet another year - and the fans get another 8 or 9 win season!!

ade442ce-149d-4314-ae0c-6c7b3887a3ee_text.gif

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I knew EJ had a really bad game, but when the film is broken down, it's apparent that he looked like a true freshman who didn't have a spring practice. It's almost impressive how far behind he is considering it's his 4th year. In an interview, he said that he learned from Trask how to be patient. I wish he would have learned how to read coverages, use his feet in the pocket when throwing, and how to throw guys open. He should have been converted to WR after the spring.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
“Dan Mullen is a really good play caller against over matched opponents “. :bwahaha:

half those plays are big losses against better teams :(

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well, he must be very good at what he does because not a single one of you mofos pointed out the obvious about this guy. WTF is this guy trying to do with his hair? The Cramer? Does he do a preshow rub out then use the baby batter as hair gel? Is there a wind tunnel?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
YouTuber: I don't know why you put that guy at the line and make him run all the way over here. You could put him here and just play sound football.

Grantham:
iu

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really like the way this guy breaks this stuff down. Sometimes I wonder why he's doing this instead of coaching. Sounds like he'd do a better job teaching our boys than our coaches are.
Thank you for finding this guy last year or whenever. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Im really shocked he doesnt have a much larger audience. He's probably the first one of these guys that I intend to send some money to keep him on the air.

I dont know who he is but he is obviously someone with exeperience and connections. At one point he was using all 22 film instead of TV feed, the kind of cut that the coaches and GAs get. I believe he mentioned that the University cut him off from that.

You know there are plenty of talented GAs and staffers like this THAT SHOULD be filling the nonexistent all in one football facility doing the dirty work, grading players, evaluating the other team, self evaluating, watching HS players, just wading through the mountains of necessary prep work that realistically position coaches just dont have the time to do.

This is why Trailerbammer has 30-50 IN EACH SPECIALTY with checks and balances of multiple sets of eyes reviewing each piece of work to ensure high quality. The former HC reviewing it all.

Then they just giving the assistant coaches and coordinators summaries, cut video to support the various points etc, suggested grades and rankings, siggested changes etc.

why does Alabama always SEEM to know what we're doing before we do it? BC they DO KNOW, likely better than our own players even.

When we finally get that football facility-- btw had anyone seen any work being done on that now that Gainesville /Alachua has tried to shut down again to support triple mask triple vax Joementia-- the building has to be filled with guys like this. Dozens of them in each specialty.

Is anyone confident that will happen.

Or do you think we will we happy just to keep "competing with integrity".

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I had hoped emory’s limited snaps last year weren’t a preview of what he offers but he’s Frank’s 2.0 with better legs.

the video breakdown is stark. He can’t see the field, can’t see open receivers, and can’t see defenders, along with bad mechanics and timing.

he’s been here three years. Three years! The podcast harped on that fact repeatedly and well he should have.

and douche Dan will saddle us with another qb **** show because … upperclassman. JFC.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTuber: I don't know why you put that guy at the line and make him run all the way over here. You could put him here and just play sound football.

Grantham:
iu

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Fear and surprise! We will sneak this lb across the field to cover that WR he cannot possibly reach or cover!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sometimes I wonder why he's doing this instead of coaching.

Can you see any players, even HS level, giving this guy any respect? Size wise he just doesn't convey authority. He may have great insight and breakdown, but can he teach? Can he lead? I'm guessing not, despite how knowledgeable he may be.

Perhaps the plan is to confuse the QB by offering 3 wide open receivers on the right side of the field, thus confusing him into a mistake? No one has anybody.

KY says hi.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow - the first throw... He missed that open receiver (Shorter).

This offensive video is harder to watch than the defensive video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator