Gator Rewind: Tennessee

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I know its early. I know I have bytched about us hiring Mullen but darn it man, the guy is doing it right so far. I hated losing to Ky but hopefully we are back on track now. That loss might have created a spark. I am almost on the Mullen train. God I hope he turns this thing around! Go Gators!
I hear ya brother.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Yeah, they'd do it after wins, but stopped after losses. Even that, I believe was hit or miss. As you pointed out, the team element and camaraderie that it builds was evident during his era, as was the selfish, undisciplined behavior that surfaced under Muschamp and carried through to McElwain.

The pic below was following the 2012 Sugar Bowl loss. Kitchens, one of Meyer's 2010 holdovers, sang it alone. Shockingly, we only won 4 games the following season, had losses almost completely attributed to selfish nonsense, and watched underclassmen announce for the draft while still on the field against fsu.

0a10e7291a71da7b94d29e864b7ec0e6.jpg

Yep. I love that picture. Says more than thousands of words.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t remember them singing the fight song at all in the Muschamp/Mac years, but I’ve also blocked a lot of those years out.

I don’t think they did. They sang the alma mater over by the band on the field after games, but I don’t ever remember the fight song.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I don’t remember them singing the fight song at all in the Muschamp/Mac years, but I’ve also blocked a lot of those years out.

I remember them doing the alma mater on the field but I don’t ever remember them singing the fight song in the locker room. The on field part always felt like a forced requirement, but the locker room, wow! They weren’t half assing that. Big win, I know, but sure seemed like a lot of pride. Gives me goosebumps.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I don’t think they did. They sang the alma mater over by the band on the field after games, but I don’t ever remember the fight song.

They do both with the band. Alma Mater followed by the fight song. After wins only in the Chimp/Butters era. After home losses they went straight to the locker room while the band played both. Mullen had the team do both with the band after the Kentucky loss.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember UT singing the fight song after our 2003 loss at home, led by none other than Casey Clausen.

That was not a happy occasion.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That sounded like a football coach!

Thanks for posting it, Queenie! :swampqueen:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I got some of those prescriptions that Urban Liar takes and now my memory of those years are a little fuzzy.... is it really true that we went 4-7? twice? And lost to an FCS school? Can’t be true. Someone up my dose.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That sounded like a football coach!

Thanks for posting it, Queenie! :swampqueen:

:swampqueen:to your sensibility Queenie. Just think about how this spirit will infuse upcoming practices

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I remember UT singing the fight song after our 2003 loss at home, led by none other than Casey Clausen.

That was not a happy occasion.
Well they've beaten us twice since then and never again at the Swamp, so it all worked out in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator