Gatorchatter 10 year Anniversary, 2024

Would you personally attend a Gatorchatter anniversary bash in Orlando in 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
So, I was noticing the dates on some of the "founding member" profiles and they are all 2014. It seems the board has a 10 yr anniversary coming up next year. Let's hear some suggestions for how to celebrate. A party...an actual one...around a game maybe, something else? Let's hear it. Ten is diamonds and I'm sure Ox would accept them. Uh, yeah, right.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll donate all my oxbucks for sure

hate to say it, but Orlando is fairly close to the center of the state, with lots of place to rent to hold a bash..

ox can set up an account, with a goal, that covers the rental of the place, some catering maybe? we hit the goal, it's party on !

You guys rock !!

Go Gators

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Party held over Zoom so as not to catch COVID. We all log on, each with a 12 pack of Zima and a Papa Johns pizza. We can play some cool games using Kahoot-maybe Gator sports trivia related-and then have a prizes awarded to the top trivia performers.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Baby Boomers Dancing GIF

I’m sure it would be a blast. Maybe do it at the Villages?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure I would attend either way if I could, but I’d definitely prefer Gainesville to Orlando.
There is one EFF of a lot more to see and do in Orlando than Gainesville. What do you do in Gainesville? Head over to play basketball at the Hume courts that are now a parking lot?

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
There is one EFF of a lot more to see and do in Orlando than Gainesville. What do you do in Gainesville? Head over to play basketball at the Hume courts that are now a parking lot?
Ah, Hume courts…those were the days.

I guess it’s me getting older and not caring as much about all that’s in Orlando, and not wanting to deal with I4 traffic. For me, Gainesville is an easy drive over. Hanging out with some of my fellow chatters, chilling with some food and drinks sounds great to me.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Brooker's got to have a pavilion or community center we can rent. I know there's one in Worthington Springs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, Hume courts…those were the days.

I guess it’s me getting older and not caring as much about all that’s in Orlando, and not wanting to deal with I4 traffic. For me, Gainesville is an easy drive over. Hanging out with some of my fellow chatters, chilling with some food and drinks sounds great to me.
You aren't invited.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You twerps. If something like this was to happen, it would need to be fun. Hotel stays, perhaps one of the massive theme parks, go-cart racing, something like that. Not meeting in an ancient, dusty community center in Brooker with Publix sandwiches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator