Gators -19 over ECU

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As per www.vegasinsider.com

Appears that we opened -13, and the VI consensus has us at -19, Wynn LV has us at -18. I thought it would be a bit higher just because the starting QB and stud WR from their bowl team have graduated.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what to make of ECU after watching some of the plays of their opening game against Towson.

On offense it was either very vanilla on purpose or they don't trust the new QB to throw the ball down the field. I hardly saw a pass go more than about 5 or 6 yards past the line of scrimmage. The QB did seem pretty poised however and could have ran it quite a few times with some big openings but it appeared he must have been told not to. Their RB had a good game. On defense they looked kind of soft and had a hard time wrapping up their tackles on Towson's RB similar to the problems they had with Lane last season. Their D line didn't seem that strong either. They aren't a pushover I guess but I doubt they are close to the team that beat VT and NC last season and gave SC a big scare.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I expect similar results from week one, 19 is way too low. There will be no let down and perhaps more effective D in the first half. I expect some improvement as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ECU just squeaked by FCS team Towson by 8 points. I would take UF to cover that easily.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n273422 said:
ECU just squeaked by FCS team Towson by 8 points. I would take UF to cover that easily.

Its tempting especially with the Swamp being a factor but their offense did seem to be holding back in the passing game despite the fact they were struggling with Towson's running game some. I hate lines like this because they are so easy to lose if the opponent gets that late TD in garbage time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n273435 said:
Its tempting especially with the Swamp being a factor but their offense did seem to be holding back in the passing game despite the fact they were struggling with Towson's running game some. I hate lines like this because they are so easy to lose if the opponent gets that late TD in garbage time.

I say this with the utmost sincerity...I truly hope they plan to open up their passing game Saturday.

That spread is insane.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n273402 said:
On offense it was either very vanilla on purpose or they don't trust the new QB to throw the ball down the field. I hardly saw a pass go more than about 5 or 6 yards past the line of scrimmage.
Ruffin McNeil was at Texas Tech with Mike Leach and Kingsbury. That pretty much is their offense. I remember a Kintucky buddy of mine laughing that Mumme/Leach would often complete to passes but still be in third and long.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UF -20.5 online now. Still pretty tempting.

Other interesting lines have OK -2 at UT, LSU -4.5 at MSU, Oregon St +15 at Michigan, UK +7 at USC, and Oregon + 3.5 at Mich St.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n273402 said:
Not sure what to make of ECU after watching some of the plays of their opening game against Towson.

On offense it was either very vanilla on purpose or they don't trust the new QB to throw the ball down the field. I hardly saw a pass go more than about 5 or 6 yards past the line of scrimmage. The QB did seem pretty poised however and could have ran it quite a few times with some big openings but it appeared he must have been told not to. Their RB had a good game. On defense they looked kind of soft and had a hard time wrapping up their tackles on Towson's RB similar to the problems they had with Lane last season. Their D line didn't seem that strong either. They aren't a pushover I guess but I doubt they are close to the team that beat VT and NC last season and gave SC a big scare.

Good stuff - thanks

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n273177 said:
As per www.vegasinsider.com

Appears that we opened -13, and the VI consensus has us at -19, Wynn LV has us at -18. I thought it would be a bit higher just because the starting QB and stud WR from their bowl team have graduated.

Take it & run. Easy money.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Has a betting line ever moved 7 full points less than 24 hours after it opened?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n273701 said:
Has a betting line ever moved 7 full points less than 24 hours after it opened?

Don't know, but movement like that usually causes it to change to no line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.