Gators Caravan

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have heard all I want from him. Its time to win. Thats what I am interested in.
We are underdogs in the majority of our games. We will see if the guy knows how to win. We all sensed last season the no-fire, accepts losing, compliments those who master him. I see a loser that has gleamed from other stops the structure of successful programs. But one only needs an IQ of 85 to get that part.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Come on man, we're the Gators. There's no reason we can't pull 10-2 next season and backdoor into the playoffs.
Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Tater makes it to 8-4, it will be a miracle.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with all my free time.

Come on man, we're the Gators. There's no reason we can't pull 10-2 next season and backdoor into the playoffs.
i see a backdoor in this team's future, but its not the one you're thinking of.

A lot of "straight" dudes in here are really concerned about a group of guys going in the backdoor together....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, there is a reason. I think we all know what it is. There are a few holdouts that refuse to admit it. But there is a reason we won't hit 10 wins.
The head coach definitely needs to stop being a liability, if that's possible.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of "straight" dudes in here are really concerned about a group of guys going in the backdoor together....
No, personally im concerned about their own backdoors, because they're gonna be wide enough to drive a 747 through them by october :facepalm:

TheFoodGator

Apr 26, 2024
I think there is reason to be cautiously optimistic about in 2024. I’m of the opinion that talent makes a lot of coaches look better than they are, and until this year, we simply haven’t had a good roster.

Billy’s biggest mistake was not hitting the portal like a mad man, bc he needed too to get this roster up to par faster. That’s irrelevant to 2024 though. The roster is solid but his back is against the wall after 2 awful seasons.

I think his work with Mertz, a QB virtually none of us wanted, is commendable. He’s a proven eye for talent who’s put 8 3 stars in the NFL since 2020, including an AA and a 1st round pick. I think that starts paying dividends this year.

We all talk about his time as an OC, the offense, etc, it’s valid. but imo our biggest downfall has been not having the Gator D’s that we’ve been accustomed to over the past 40 years, since 2020. I think that started with the last regime and was always going to take time to fix without 10+ starting caliber players from the portal on that side of the ball:

1980 - 2019 we saw TWO Ds finish outside the T32. 39 years avg D of 18th. 18 T15 Ds.

D is > 75th since ‘20. Maybe Nape is fired regardless even if he had a good D (Muschamp, Mac) but inheriting the worst D roster in 4 decades is why he’s been “the worst” coach in UF history.

When he walked in we had an athlete with 5 years of QB experience and 0 starts, a DE as TE1, S that ran 4.7s, an NFL DT (Gerv) playing 600+ snaps at DE, etc etc

Was it loose to Vandy, Arky bad? Nah Billy needs to own his mistakes but I’m willing to give him a year with a roster that resembles an actual football team first.

OL is TBD but we’re better at every other position on the field than when Billy got here in 2022. He has zero excuses to not win 8+ this year or he deserves to go.

Attachments

• 782CC48F-27DF-4DCB-AA95-6553719FD5D2.jpeg
    782CC48F-27DF-4DCB-AA95-6553719FD5D2.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 12

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think there is reason to be cautiously optimistic about in 2024. I’m of the opinion that talent makes a lot of coaches look better than they are, and until this year, we simply haven’t had a good roster.

Billy’s biggest mistake was not hitting the portal like a mad man, bc he needed too to get this roster up to par faster. That’s irrelevant to 2024 though. The roster is solid but his back is against the wall after 2 awful seasons.

I think his work with Mertz, a QB virtually none of us wanted, is commendable. He’s a proven eye for talent who’s put 8 3 stars in the NFL since 2020, including an AA and a 1st round pick. I think that starts paying dividends this year.

We all talk about his time as an OC, the offense, etc, it’s valid. but imo our biggest downfall has been not having the Gator D’s that we’ve been accustomed to over the past 40 years, since 2020. I think that started with the last regime and was always going to take time to fix without 10+ starting caliber players from the portal on that side of the ball:

1980 - 2019 we saw TWO Ds finish outside the T32. 39 years avg D of 18th. 18 T15 Ds.

D is > 75th since ‘20. Maybe Nape is fired regardless even if he had a good D (Muschamp, Mac) but inheriting the worst D roster in 4 decades is why he’s been “the worst” coach in UF history.

When he walked in we had an athlete with 5 years of QB experience and 0 starts, a DE as TE1, S that ran 4.7s, an NFL DT (Gerv) playing 600+ snaps at DE, etc etc

Was it loose to Vandy, Arky bad? Nah Billy needs to own his mistakes but I’m willing to give him a year with a roster that resembles an actual football team first.

OL is TBD but we’re better at every other position on the field than when Billy got here in 2022. He has zero excuses to not win 8+ this year or he deserves to go.
First post? Welcome aboard! Thoughtful and well-reasoned with detailed historical context and current analysis. Roll with the punches.

I agree 8-4 is a reasonable expectation as long as we stay fairly healthy. The schedule is a long hard grind, but lots of home games and opponents breaking in new QBs etc.

We’re still a long way from 10 wins being the norm. If we do reach 8, it’s only acceptable as a step.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I hope you have thick skin. The fury this outstanding and reasonable post is going to trigger in some of our membership will be off the charts.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I hope you have thick skin. The fury this outstanding and reasonable post is going to trigger in some of our membership will be off the charts.
Apparently, he has gigantic balls that require a wheelbarrow. He'll need them. You have to sack up to post anything around here, especially during these last grim weeks waiting for death.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
We've always been known for our more than capable 'D.' Seems we've gone flaccid ever since Dipsh!t Dan.

Great first post btw. Hope you stick around if GC survives the summer.

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Great 1st post. And I agree with it.
Others, actually the majority, don't and will be along soon to let you know you're an idiot and that your mom charges too much. Let it go.
My biggest concern is that you've shown us what you're capable of and so any future post that isn't as awesome will only be defeating in nature as we watch you tailspin into posting only .gifs and memes sprinkled in with mom jokes and Seinfeld pics.
seinfeld GIF by HULU

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator