Gators Caravan

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This isn’t shooting the messenger, Truth.
I appreciate you posting this. Just commenting on these points.

A) Get bent. You’ve been here for 15 minutes. So done with people coming in and wanting to change things that are perfectly fine.

B) If there was an ounce of genuine in this statement then he would’ve addressed this completely in the offseason and not made a mockery of us all just days ago in that interview. This feels like SS pushing him to make the appearance of conceding to quiet the noise.

For sure.

A) I think a lot of people, including the guy behind me that said we started the ___________ nation thing, basically gave him the silent treatment when suggesting it.

Side note: when speaking with my logo guy for the podcast he had said something along the congregation line and I said hell no. I think Kelley kind of got that reaction in Orlando.

B) I agree, probably lip service to quiet noise, but that assumes he understands there is noise. I played the original clip from Pate for my mom afterward and she understood the frustration and EPA double down. Though she did appreciate he at least said what he did at the Caravan.

I’ll add the C) how you take 2 questions from kids (pre-written on stuff that many people including myself seemed to miss on the way in) and one from an adult of any substance would be baffling, but knowing where we are, it’s a preventative measure.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No offense, but anyone standing in a line for HIS autograph is a dumbass.
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Napier should be waiting in line for our autographs

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fans: Napier shows no accountability!

Napier: Shows accountability. Says there is no excuse and the criticism is justified.

Gator Fans: Yeah, but he didn't mean it!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
For sure.

A) I think a lot of people, including the guy behind me that said we started the ___________ nation thing, basically gave him the silent treatment when suggesting it.

Side note: when speaking with my logo guy for the podcast he had said something along the congregation line and I said hell no. I think Kelley kind of got that reaction in Orlando.

B) I agree, probably lip service to quiet noise, but that assumes he understands there is noise. I played the original clip from Pate for my mom afterward and she understood the frustration and EPA double down. Though she did appreciate he at least said what he did at the Caravan.

I’ll add the C) how you take 2 questions from kids (pre-written on stuff that many people including myself seemed to miss on the way in) and one from an adult of any substance would be baffling, but knowing where we are, it’s a preventative measure.

What do we expect him to say?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Napier: Shows accountability. Says there is no excuse and the criticism is justified.

Ok, let’s not go full stephen here. If the criticisms were warranted, why didn’t he make a demonstrable change? The guy has been given 10x the fan support that the previous two hires have. He’s stubbornly staying the course with a system that isn’t working, then arrogantly using cherry picked stats to argue that it is. Very few people didn’t want him, or still don’t want him, to succeed here. But he is making it very difficult for people to like him.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

so he just misspoke last week when he scoffed at the notion and stated that the stats show our STs were some of the best in the country? You know as well as I do that if he meant what he said a few days later he would have clarified that in fact, "yes, after a lot of fan frustration and a national narrative that we were bad at STs, I went back, took another look and discovered we were in fact awful the last 2 years, not good as i had said a few days ago. Rest assured we will get things fixed and I am devising a plan to address the shortcomings." Then perhaps to avoid the "perception" by some that his words are still just lip-service, he could identify the specific issues with the STs so we know hes serious, he's identified the problems, and hes being willingly accountable to those specific issues moving forward.

his comments last week, combined with his new comments yesterday are a long winded equivalent of, "Yea... no. If that makes sense."

It doesnt.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If that asshat tries to push Congregation again somebody punch him; I'll cover your bail.

*provided the courthouse takes oxbucks

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok, let’s not go full stephen here. If the criticisms were warranted, why didn’t he make a demonstrable change? The guy has been given 10x the fan support that the previous two hires have. He’s stubbornly staying the course with a system that isn’t working, then arrogantly using cherry picked stats to argue that it is. Very few people didn’t want him, or still don’t want him, to succeed here. But he is making it very difficult for people to like him.

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Student support, 2 years of sellout home games, Gator walk practically impossible to get near unless you grabbed a spot at the barricades 2 hours early. Yes, the fanbase rallied around Napier way more than they did Mullen or McElwain. This was supposed to be a new chapter with someone who cared and was organized and committed enough to restore the brand, something neither of the last coaches had shown. Even now, I think a majority of people would rather win with him than with JM or DM. You can’t blame them for turning on someone who seems dead set on doing things his way in spite of mountains of evidence that isn’t working. They’re rightly pissed. But that doesn’t dismiss the welcome and support he initially received.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Student support, 2 years of sellout home games, Gator walk practically impossible to get near unless you grabbed a spot at the barricades 2 hours early. Yes, the fanbase rallied around Napier way more than they did Mullen or McElwain. This was supposed to be a new chapter with someone who cared and was organized and committed enough to restore the brand, something neither of the last coaches had shown. Even now, I think a majority of people would rather win with him than with JM or DM. You can’t blame them for turning on someone who seems dead set on doing things his way in spite of mountains of evidence that isn’t working. They’re rightly pissed. But that doesn’t dismiss the welcome and support he initially received.
Nothing on God’s green Earth is cheaper than talk and that’s all Napier has accomplished at the end of the day. He lost most of his remaining supporters with the Arkansas disaster last year. It’s just the sad truth.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nothing on God’s green Earth is cheaper than talk and that’s all Napier has accomplished at the end of the day. He lost most of his remaining supporters with the Arkansas disaster last year. It’s just the sad truth.

Dead on. I sit in a pretty balanced, older alum section and that game was just a towel throw type moment. I think most still like the person he appears to be, similar to Muschamp, so it’s not as toxic as I’ve seen in other cases. But the disbelief and “I give up on this guy” expressions abounded.

Winning 11(as ugly as they were) in 2012 gave that glimmer of hope to some. Back to back East titles(as weak as it was) did the same for McElwain. And 10 & 11 win years to start helped them put up with his other deficiencies. At this stage, there’s nothing to cling to with Napier. The collapse of the class last fall, combined with the 0-for to finish dispelled any thoughts that he might be the guy for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator