Gators Gymnastics vs. Kentucky

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
It's a bit earlier than usual, but the #3 ranked Gator Gymnasts will be taking on #17 Kentucky tonight at the O-dome (aka Exactech Arena) at 5:45pm. Catch it on SECN tonight. This team is really special!

2019gymnastics.0.jpg

Go Gators!

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Gators get the win over Kentucky by a little over a full point, 197.675 - 196.650 on the strength of a terrific all-around performance by freshman Trinity Thomas who took the all-around with an amazing 39.70

After a lackluster vault team score of 49..050 to open the meet, the Gators bounced back with the highest Gators score on bar EVER with a 49.725, and EVERY gymnast scoring at least a 9.90 or better.

And while getting the head-to-head win is a big deal, the national rankings are based on team score averages across the meets to-date (until they move to the RQS method later in the season). With #2 UCLA scoring a 197.750 in their meet tonight, Florida looks to maintain its hold on 3rd place for another week.

Next week Florida travels to Oklahoma to take on the #1 Sooners at their place. The Sooners will be looking to avenge their only loss last season, which came against Florida in Gainesville. The #3 Gators and the #1 Sooners are separated by less than a quarter point average, so it should be an exciting, high-scoring meet.

Great win by the Gator Gymnasts tonight! Go Gators!

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I just got home from taking my family to the meet. A little less exciting atmosphere than normal due to the earlier start, but still a fun meet and a great performance (especially on bars and floor). Trinity Thomas is going to be the next great Gators gymnast in the line of Alex McMurtry, Bridget Sloan, etc. Go Gators!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These Gator girls are and look like something special! Go Gators!!

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Do these girls still room in Sledd hall? Back when I went to UF in the late 80s we had problems with one particular basement smoke detector. It went off two and three times per day, and always around midnight. The engineers blamed condensation. But who really knows.That smoke detector was pivotal in me being booted from the dorm draft and made to live off campus. I was okay with that.

I remember seeing Melissa Miller and four or five other gymnasts pacing around in bath robes outside Sledd. I want to say they were on the 4th floor. I was on the first.

1988 Gymnastics Roster - Florida Gators

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.