Gators in the NFL draft (2019 edition)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
J. Taylor weighed in at 312lbs. That's pretty amazing. He was over 350 when he got to UF.

Fred was measured at 6'7+

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps his family situation was such that he had to try and earn some money or there’s some other reason he had to leave, but I think he stands a real chance of not being drafted. He’s the one guy leaving who I thought would have been far better off staying. Hope I’m wrong.....

The Draft Network's Trevor Sikkema calls Florida LB Vosean Joseph a total wildcard.
"If you watch the LSU game, you’d think this guy could be a Top 50 pick," writes Sikkema, "but then if you watch the Georgia game you’d think he’s nearly undraftable." Joseph gets mixed review from NFL Draft pundits, and the inconsistent results likely have a lot to do with that. Sikkema does note, however, that you cannot deny Joseph's mentality, as the 6-foot-1, 226-pound defender is out to hit you early and often. There's definitely volatility -- and Sikkema also believes Joseph needs work in coverage -- but he should be a solid depth piece for a team that either comes off the board late on Day 2 or early on Day 3.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
J. Taylor weighed in at 312lbs. That's pretty amazing. He was over 350 when he got to UF.

And I think he wasa close to 400 when told him lose weight or no ship.

Big Fred has a chance. He has really improved. You can't teach size.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
The Draft Network's Trevor Sikkema calls Florida LB Vosean Joseph a total wildcard.
"If you watch the LSU game, you’d think this guy could be a Top 50 pick," writes Sikkema, "but then if you watch the Georgia game you’d think he’s nearly undraftable." Joseph gets mixed review from NFL Draft pundits, and the inconsistent results likely have a lot to do with that. Sikkema does note, however, that you cannot deny Joseph's mentality, as the 6-foot-1, 226-pound defender is out to hit you early and often. There's definitely volatility -- and Sikkema also believes Joseph needs work in coverage -- but he should be a solid depth piece for a team that either comes off the board late on Day 2 or early on Day 3.

If this isn't a succinct accurate take on Joseph, I don't know what is. He could be brilliant and then he could make you want to punch a baby (it's something I say). For a second there, I was thinking I was typing about Franks.:backout:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Hey, I'm well aware that my posing the possibility of Vosean not being drafted is likely wrong. Some team will watch the "good" film (like LSU), convince themselves he'll do that every week, and fall in love. And I too loved some of the plays he made wearing the orange and blue (the hit on Danny Etling at the goal line in 2016 will always be an all-time favorite - particularly for how important that play ended up being in the win). It's the wild inconsistency that makes me doubtful, the reading the play wrong, the lack of coverage skills. He also seems to lack ideal size for a linebacker. There are some NFL safeties who are bigger than he is. But as I said in original post, I hope I'm wrong - and probably will be; I never thought Jon Halapio, Trent Brown, or several others had a chance. There's a real good reason I'm not an NFL scout!

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
My point was that Taylor was on several SEC teams radar, even Bammer.

He was no diamond in the rough we found sifting through garbage.
Give it up. You don't have to win every argument. You can be wrong sometimes. Had you made this claim early on when everyone was calling him trash, it would have been meaningful. Now is too late.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess Jefferson missed some of Savage's workouts as 17 reps is embarrassing for someone his size.

It appears Ivey and Fred wouldn't do any of the stuff except let them measure and weigh them.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep that was why they had him a 3 star instead of a blue chipper in high school as he got even higher than that. He really worked his butt off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Give it up. You don't have to win every argument. You can be wrong sometimes. Had you made this claim early on when everyone was calling him trash, it would have been meaningful. Now is too late.
Search the archives. I loved him. So did others.

Big Fred is the one I didn't like much and he played well all things considered.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

If he has injury issues there he should have skipped out on it probably. What do you think about him at 266 - does he have it to be a rush end in the NFL?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
A 4.99 and we still couldn't cover this guy. What a freaking disaster.
That time shocked me. Every time I watched a game and they went to him he was unstoppable. Then they would stop throwing to him the rest of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.