Gators Lead NFL Draft With Three WRs Selected, Mullen's Recipe is Working

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It doesnt matter what kind of spin you try to put on it bc talented offensive players s(other than running QBs) stillmtreat Mullinz like the plague for good reason.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As a head coach since 2009, Mullen has had one (Fred Ross - 1002 yards) WR reach one thousands yards. If you don't think that doesn't sway big time receiver recruits to go elsewhere. It is huge. If Mullen wants to start getting those guys, he needs to put receivers in the 1st round of the draft. That won't happen until they start putting up legit numbers.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have nothing against any of these guys and I hope all 4 make it, With that said, this article along with some of the comments would make someone think that these 4 guys were Jerry Rice, Lance Allworth, Crazy Legs Hirsch and Randy Moss.
Crazy Legs Hirsch? Just how old are you?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shut up. It’s an accomplishment no matter how you slice it. Try to enjoy something for once.

Every team has physical specimen at WR but none did what we just did. You don’t think OSU or Bama’s WRs are more talented on average than our guys?

If you watched the draft, did you hear how they were talking about Alabama had 4 guys that would have gone in the first 3 rounds - 3 of which in the first round, if the other two declared for the draft (including their top prospect). Getting three receivers drafted is an accomplishment, but you making the bs argument just shows the straws you are grasping at.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While we are comparing to Alabama, which do you think is a bigger selling point to an prospect... Saban goes into a recruits living room, we had two guys wide receivers that went in the first 15 picks and our returning starters are projected as a top 10 pick and a top 60 pick. Or Mullen walking in saying we had 3 wide outs drafted one in the second round, one in the 6th round, and one in the 7th. We haven't had a 1000 yard receiver at Florida since Taylor Jacobs in 2002.

If you are a 17/18 year old blue chip wide receiver you have never seen UF have a 1000 wide receiver what trust would you have in the organization in putting your skills on display when in 18 year UF has failed to produce a 1000 year receiver, and 6 of those years were under Mullen's offense.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If you watched the draft, did you hear how they were talking about Alabama had 4 guys that would have gone in the first 3 rounds - 3 of which in the first round, if the other two declared for the draft (including their top prospect). Getting three receivers drafted is an accomplishment, but you making the bs argument just shows the straws you are grasping at.
My comment was about the accomplishment itself and law’s insistence on minimizing anything positive. I used the more talented WRs from other teams to prove it’s difficult, not that Mullen is some top tier wr coach. Try to keep up.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My comment was about the accomplishment itself and law’s insistence on minimizing anything positive. I used the more talented WRs from other teams to prove it’s difficult, not that Mullen is some top tier wr coach. Try to keep up.

Actually, you brought in the other argument, and now that your expansion of that argument has been proven foolish. You want to move those goalposts. It has nothing to do with keeping up, which is a deflection on your part. You tried to use something as your proof, but then find your context is invalid... you go to your usual "that's not what I meant, keep up"... You have a pattern now. So as you would say "keep up".

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reporting you for ageism.
latest

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Actually, you brought in the other argument, and now that your expansion of that argument has been proven foolish. You want to move those goalposts. It has nothing to do with keeping up, which is a deflection on your part. You tried to use something as your proof, but then find your context is invalid... you go to your usual "that's not what I meant, keep up"... You have a pattern now. So as you would say "keep up".
What are you blabbering about? I’m not moving the goalposts one inch. My point remains: decades of teams have had lots of talented WRs. It’s an accomplishment.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
That’s a fair rebuttal. Much better than the trash presented thus far. Hope we are working towards balancing it out but with Gonzo I’m not confident...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What are you blabbering about? I’m not moving the goalposts one inch. My point remains: decades of teams have had lots of talented WRs. It’s an accomplishment.

So the norm for you, you make an comment that is lacking factual context, you say that's not what you meant. The move them goalposts to pretend like you didn't say it. No one said it wasn't an accomplishment, including the post you originally responded to.... but you keep making up the arguments you want to defend, instead of just saying ,"Yeah, I made a bad argument". But again, this is just a continuation of your pattern.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So the norm for you, you make an comment that is lacking factual context, you say that's not what you meant. The move them goalposts to pretend like you didn't say it. No one said it wasn't an accomplishment, including the post you originally responded to.... but you keep making up the arguments you want to defend, instead of just saying ,"Yeah, I made a bad argument". But again, this is just a continuation of your pattern.
The only evidence (or factual context) I needed was provided and has been repeated ad nauseum - we accomplished 3 WRs drafted, our WR recruiting has lagged behind others based on recruiting sites, and law continually diminishes almost anything positive. Of that, what do you take issue with? You're just making **** up because you don’t have anything intelligent to say.

And if there’s a pattern, prove it. All you have done is state an unsubstantiated claim as if it’s fact because internet, I guess.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only evidence (or factual context) I needed was provided and has been repeated ad nauseum - we accomplished 3 WRs drafted, our WR recruiting has lagged behind others based on recruiting sites, and law continually diminishes almost anything positive. Of that, what do you take issue with? You're just making **** up because you don’t have anything intelligent to say.

And if there’s a pattern, prove it. All you have done is state an unsubstantiated claim as if it’s fact because internet, I guess.

Still having issues with your claim being called out. I'm not making anything up. You have been called on it by Durty and a few other posters. When you get caught in your BS you try to move the goalposts. You were trying to fck with Law then doubled down with some BS. Then got called on it, then moved them goalposts. If you want to compare against Alabama do so, but at least use the true context of the facts. Being I'm not the only one to point that out to you in this thread should show you how fcking ridiculous you sound.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Still having issues with your claim being called out. I'm not making anything up. You have been called on it by Durty and a few other posters. When you get caught in your BS you try to move the goalposts. You were trying to fck with Law then doubled down with some BS. Then got called on it, then moved them goalposts. If you want to compare against Alabama do so, but at least use the true context of the facts. Being I'm not the only one to point that out to you in this thread should show you how fcking ridiculous you sound.
Interesting that you’re not even responding to my post. Almost like you’ve decided to change the narrative... or move a goalpost... to try and find an Internet victory because you lacked... facts. You claim I don’t come with facts but I clearly showed I did in this thread so you start talking vague past references to durty and some other unidentified posters. You claim others point out Im wrong in this thread but who? Traz had a good point but also agreed that it was an accomplishment. So again, what fact do you disagree with? Let’s start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.