Gator Basketball Gators manage 50 points, lose to TCU

Ocalaman

11-7 Florida visits 14-4 TCU Saturday at noon. Both teams are 3-3 in their respective conferences, with TCU's wins coming against Baylor, West Virginia & Texas and their losses against Oklahoma, Kansas & Kansas St. Florida's conference wins are against Arkansas, Georgia & Texas A&M, losses versus South Carolina, Tennessee and Miss. St. All 5 TCU starters average double figures, led by Desmond Bane at 14.9 ppg and Kouat Noi at 14.2 ppg. The team averages 78.2 ppg, while giving up 66.9 ppg. They have 333 assist and 247 turnovers and outrebound their opponents 668-590. The Gators only have 2 players averaging double figures, KeVaughn Allen at 12.8 ppg and Noah Locke at 11.4 ppg. The gators average 69.8 ppg while giving up 61.8 ppg. They have 241 assists and 216 turnovers and outrebound their opponents only 626 to 620.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
We need to keep that hot shooting going.........and play def like our hair is on fire...........head and pubic.........;)

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member
12 noon ESPN-2

Important game ... because White & these Gators past poor performances have now made every game a super important game. Also, this is our last game before the start of our 12-game run through SEC league play, where we need to go 7-5 to preserve "Chance for the Dance." Followed by doing well in the SEC Tournament.

So, will we three-thrive tonight or will we utilize a more reliable inclusion of cut layups, drive dished dunks, alley oop jams etc = that "well-coached" mixture of sustainable smart-play? I would love Locke & Allen showing that their aTm efforts are now our new norm.?? But we're talking long range bombs here ... better have Bassett & Hayes & Johnson ready for long rebounds.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Every time I see TCU I think of Joe Lawrence. Unstoppable in that NIT Elite Eight match-up my freshman year at UF. Hopefully Locke or Allen reminds me of him tomorrow.

NVGator

Lifetime Member
TCU's best player, Jaylen Fisher, has officially left the program. He was the albino Point Guard who was their biggest cog. Unfortunately, for them he suffered a season ending injury and decided to give them the finger.

Big break on our part.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Florida takes on TCU today at noon on ESPN2. This is a must win game for us. It's another high quality opponent, which we need to finally get a victory over one of these top level teams this season. We must play more like the 2nd half vs Texas A&M. Have fun and play with emotion and a smile

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Florida is down 7-0 at the under 16 timeout. We have 6 turnovers and are 0-5 shooting 2pters. No 3pter taken yet

Gatorbait25

H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Pretty dreadful start . Haven’t even gotten Kevaughn a shot yet . Nembhard is our of control with silly turnovers on multiple possessions

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator