Gators may pick up a 4 star OT

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Jake Fruhmorgen was a 4 star OT out of Tampa that signed with Clemson in 2015. He was rated the nation's 8th best OT and the state of Florida's 20th best player coming out of high school. He held offers from 30 schools including Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State and Tennessee. Fruhmorgen is listed at 6-5 290.

He started the first 8 games at Clemson as the right tackle this season. Then he suffered a shoulder injury. Shortly after that he left the team and returned home to Tampa to deal with what coach Dabo called personal issues.

Fruhmorgen's father recently told a reporter that his son intends to transfer from Clemson. Dabo has also confirmed the transfer. He is reportedly choosing between Florida and Michigan. He will have to sit out a year at his new school. Fruhmorgen will have 3 years in which to play his final 2 years of eligibility.

http://247sports.com...ransfe-50506605

http://www.rotoworld...jake-fruhmorgen

http://sports.yahoo....-191437627.html

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
From Clemson's website

2015:
Had seven knockdowns in 245 snaps over 11 games (one start) ... logged 18 snaps against Appalachian State ... played five snaps in place of Joe Gore at Louisville before leaving with an injury ... played 35 snaps against Georgia Tech with an 80 percent grade ... logged 46 snaps at Miami, with an 88 percent grade ... played 15 snaps at Syracuse, with a knockdown ... started and played 44 snaps against Wake Forest with a winning grade ... along with Mitch Hyatt, he gave Clemson two starting offensive tackles as first-year freshmen, a first in Tiger history ... played 20 snaps at South Carolina ... logged 17 snaps in Capital One Orange Bowl against Oklahoma and graded 90 percent.

Personal: Majoring in history ... his father, John, played football at Alabama and with the Miami Dolphins ... major is undeclared ... born Sept. 24, 1996.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If he goes to Michigan he'll be an All American, if he come here he'll probably be a disappointment with this piss poor coaching. With that said I hope he comes here.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep there's quite a bit about this for about a week ago in the recruiting threat. Slevin said that they were trying to get a waiver so he can play immediately

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jake Fruhmorgen was a 4 star OT out of Tampa that signed with Clemson in 2015. He was rated the nation's 8th best OT and the state of Florida's 20th best player coming out of high school. He held offers from 30 schools including Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State and Tennessee. Fruhmorgen is listed at 6-5 290.

He started the first 8 games at Clemson as the right tackle this season. Then he suffered a shoulder injury. Shortly after that he left the team and returned home to Tampa to deal with what coach Dabo called personal issues.

Fruhmorgen's father recently told a reporter that his son intends to transfer from Clemson. Dabo has also confirmed the transfer. He is reportedly choosing between Florida and Michigan. He will have to sit out a year at his new school. Fruhmorgen will have 3 years in which to play his final 2 years of eligibility.

http://247sports.com...ransfe-50506605

http://www.rotoworld...jake-fruhmorgen

http://sports.yahoo....-191437627.html

Thanks. This is in the recruiting thread....

MOM....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Jake Fruhmorgen was a 4 star OT out of Tampa

Frugmorgen most certainly is NOT a 4 star OT. He is a college player. He is a college player who started multiple games at a high level program. That is VASTLY different and VASTLY better than a 4 star high school kid. Good Grief.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Has anyone ever watched him play? If not go to youtube and pull up the first 3 or 4 clemson games from this season and you'll see all you need to know about this dude. He'll add depth but that's about it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frugmorgen most certainly is NOT a 4 star OT. He is a college player. He is a college player who started multiple games at a high level program. That is VASTLY different and VASTLY better than a 4 star high school kid. Good Grief.
Exactly. He is like 6 star player, or two 4 stars, because you know one at least will flop.

If we get him, it's a big deal. There really isn't much excuse for us not landing him the first time. We showed up late, as always.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Do we have an OL-coach now? For this guy or any OL recruit to commit to? Or will many choose a school
that has an OL-coach?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Has anyone ever watched him play? If not go to youtube and pull up the first 3 or 4 clemson games from this season and you'll see all you need to know about this dude. He'll add depth but that's about it.
Well, I just watched the first two series of this :

He is #63 playing RT. He is playing against 285 lb DE All ACC end (Demarcus Walker) and holding his own.

He looks solid for as long I could watch it. (Too much Nollishness.) IMO he would have been an upgrade at either tackle position for us this year. I doubt we have single player that would play on Clemsons OL (though JT if he develops as we hope perhaps would next year). I don't know how bad his shoulder is, but if he's healthy then he is much better than depth for us. I wonder if he is pretty hurt already in that game bc there are a few times when he lets his right arm hang in a weird manner.

Edit: third series he is out.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
we need big uglies, especiall ones that can play. of course, with sommers gone, who will the OL coach be. I heard we got out bid for Locksley.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He'll add depth, size, and experience. We need all of that we can get.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Thank god we have an OL coach he can talk to.
:lol: Our timing is impeccable.... Seriously though if the rest of our staff can't step up and sell him on playing an hour away from his home in the SEC then our problems are worse even than I imagine them to be...Talk about cherry picking, it really doesn't get any easier than this.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well, I just watched the first two series of this :

He is #63 playing RT. He is playing against 285 lb DE All ACC end (Demarcus Walker) and holding his own.

He looks solid for as long I could watch it. (Too much Nollishness.) IMO he would have been an upgrade at either tackle position for us this year. I doubt we have single player that would play on Clemsons OL (though JT if he develops as we hope perhaps would next year). I don't know how bad his shoulder is, but if he's healthy then he is much better than depth for us. I wonder if he is pretty hurt already in that game bc there are a few times when he lets his right arm hang in a weird manner.

Edit: third series he is out.

I skipped around this thread a little so I may have missed it, but I wonder if his personal issue was Clemson telling him he likely won't be playing much more football due to he severity of his injury? We've certainly had our share of that around here the last 4 or 5 years......
Otherwise we need to get this dude. I'd take a guy who has a full year under his belt of CFB, weightroom, nutrition and maturity are key, and he wouldn't need a redshirt like a true freshmen. Add in the fact that he has already seen some of the best defensive linemen he will ever see while playing CFB. No brainer.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I cant say that Im particularly excited with the new AD.

So far, he seems juzt like the old one.

So does this mean I am going to have to retire my current screen name and change it to a different one? if so I guess I should just copyright the following screen name: "Fire (Insert Current UF AD Name Here)".;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.