Gators versus Canes in 2019!

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Finally! An opportunity to shut Cane fans up after the Driskell-led debacle nearly four years ago.

Miami Hurricanes and Florida Gators fans: Only three-plus more years before your football rivalry continues.

The Gators and Canes officially announced Tuesday that their teams will face off to open the 2019 season in the Camping World Kickoff at Camping World Stadium (formerly called the Citrus Bowl) in Orlando.

The Gators-Hurricanes deal was a long time in the making and already made public, and fans were just waiting until it became official.

“The 2019 matchup is the third announced Camping World Kickoff in a multi-year agreement between Camping World, Florida Citrus Sports (FCSports) and ESPN Events, a division of ESPN, to host major neutral-site regular-season games in Camping World Stadium,’’

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article74099422.html#storylink=cpy

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I swear some of you all live under a rock

With that said; glad to play them again

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every time we schedule these cheating hoars it only breathes a little life into their dead and dying worthless, pos program....just look at their empty, rented stadium for 99% of their home games.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every time we schedule these cheating hoars it only breathes a little life into their dead and dying worthless, pos program....just look at their empty, rented stadium for 99% of their home games.

I would rather that we play Clemson, Texas, or OU.

Jun 2, 2015

'Tis amazing that with our 99% empty rented stadium and lack of support we are able to win some games. Guess it must be due to the fact that the fans aren't on the field and don't play the game. 'Tis also amazing that some teams who have a massive following, huge home stadium on campus and lots of alum/booster money don't have a better win record. Could be due to coaching. So far, it appears both UF and Miami have a pretty good coach and over the next couple of years with good recruiting and coaching this could prove to be a premier game. In the meantime, I will root for UF to beat that team out west and hope we can do the same this year.

PS: Yes, it does breathe a little life into our program - thanks.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
'Tis amazing that with our 99% empty rented stadium and lack of support we are able to win some games. Guess it must be due to the fact that the fans aren't on the field and don't play the game. 'Tis also amazing that some teams who have a massive following, huge home stadium on campus and lots of alum/booster money don't have a better win record. Could be due to coaching. So far, it appears both UF and Miami have a pretty good coach and over the next couple of years with good recruiting and coaching this could prove to be a premier game. In the meantime, I will root for UF to beat that team out west and hope we can do the same this year.

You are absolutely correct, Daytona, I just don't get why we would help a rival that appears ready to self-destruct if left alone.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder how many Dade County football players result as contributing stars on various teams
throughout the nation? I bet plenty - likely more than any other US county.? Ergo, UM could
lose out recruiting the very best and still wind up with a very competitive team. Richt has never
had a locale as good as this. Watch out ACC !

As to UM's atrocious attendance-fans : this would be an interesting experiment = see how
a CFB Program carries on without "in-person" fan support. Bet the team plays well, improves
year after year under Richt... until they run into the Gators

Jun 2, 2015
Guy was a 9 game winner with the some of the best talent in the SEC year in and year out...

Don't expect him to do the same at Miami.

Well, now he is in a locale with some of the best talent in the entire USA and is quickly building rapport with the high school coaches which Golden and Shannon failed to accomplish. No, I don't expect him to do the same at Miami as there is the potential to do even better. I am sure that you expect Coach Mac to do better than the last guy you had.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, now he is in a locale with some of the best talent in the entire USA and is quickly building rapport with the high school coaches which Golden and Shannon failed to accomplish. No, I don't expect him to do the same at Miami as there is the potential to do even better. I am sure that you expect Coach Mac to do better than the last guy you had.

In easier conference with similar talent he should do better until the game really means anything. Then the same issues he had at FSU and UGA will show up.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
In easier conference with similar talent he should do better until the game really means anything. Then the same issues he had at FSU and UGA will show up.

Exactly. The guy has had many loaded teams and failed to get it done when it counted.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Teams I get pumped to see UF play: FSU, UT, UGA, LSU, Bama, USCe, aTm, Auburn and a few others. Miami is as much a rival as Oklahoma is to Nebraska. It is ancient history. It is over. I don't see what UF gains with this.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Playing Miami can only be a "lose" via PR, as to national image. So, at the Orlando neutral site
UM puts 8,000 fans in the stands vs our 48,000. We (fans and Gator team) will be cast as the
bigger bully. The announcers will be biased towards Miami's hits while calling ours as illegally
rough. All while irrespective of slacking fans, UM will have competitive players.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Playing Miami can only be a "lose" via PR, as to national image. So, at the Orlando neutral site
UM puts 8,000 fans in the stands vs our 48,000. We (fans and Gator team) will be cast as the
bigger bully. The announcers will be biased towards Miami's hits while calling ours as illegally
rough. All while irrespective of slacking fans, UM will have competitive players.

Hammer meets nail.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

"'Tis"? Can some one translate that from gay to english for me.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

I for one look forward to renewing the Cane-Gator rivalry for a variety of reasons but disagree with you Daytona about the fans not playing in the game. True it's the players doing the running, blocking, tackling, etc. but a jacked packed stadium of screaming fanatics can affect play at critical moments.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I for one look forward to renewing the Cane-Gator rivalry for a variety of reasons but disagree with you Daytona about the fans not playing in the game. True it's the players doing the running, blocking, tackling, etc. but a jacked packed stadium of screaming fanatics can affect play at critical moments.

Miami fans suck even when they show up.

Jun 2, 2015
"'Tis"? Can some one translate that from gay to english for me.

threatmatrix, ready for English 101 lesson? Tis, as defined in Webster's "English" dictionary is a contraction of "it is". It was first used in the 15th century. Well, what the heck, I am pretty old too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator