Gators vs Cats 2014

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I want to post something that has never been posted here, an admission of error. Although I was disappointed in his hiring, I am the only poster on this board who wanted him to have that extra year. It feels good to get that off my chest. Confession is good for the soul.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Ancient Reptile;n252593 said:
I want to post something that has never been posted here, an admission of error. Although I was disappointed in his hiring, I am the only poster on this board who wanted him to have that extra year. It feels good to get that off my chest. Confession is good for the soul.

:therethere:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

You aren't the only one, but most of the others have since fled the scene of the crime. :lol:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I was going to say as well "you weren't the only one". I'll hang my head in shame for having continued hope for improvement and being harshly disappointed. You weren't the only one, but many of us aren't willing to admit it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n252608 said:
I was going to say as well "you weren't the only one". I'll hang my head in shame for having continued hope for improvement and being harshly disappointed. You weren't the only one, but many of us aren't willing to admit it.

I gave WM a chance until after the Mizz game last season, so yeah.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

As long as he was employed I wanted to see him succeed. I did feel he needed to be fired after the Mizzou game, but since he wasn't I was hoping he would turn it around. I always root for our coaches to win and succeed. I never hope the Gators lose and I am never glad the Gators lose... even if it means Muschamp is gone. I think he was a very bad coach. I think a good coach could have easily won more games, but I am an eternal optomist and always hope for the best.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n252715 said:
As long as he was employed I wanted to see him succeed. I did feel he needed to be fired after the Mizzou game, but since he wasn't I was hoping he would turn it around. I always root for our coaches to win and succeed. I never hope the Gators lose and I am never glad the Gators lose... even if it means Muschamp is gone. I think he was a very bad coach. I think a good coach could have easily won more games, but I am an eternal optomist and always hope for the best.
I was in this boat, but after the meltdowns at the end of the year vs. LSU, MIzzou, SC, and FSU for that matter, he had to go (though he had already been given notice by the FSU game). Very optimistic about the Mac regime. Go Gators!
:chomp:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n252598 said:
You aren't the only one, but most of the others have since fled the scene of the crime. :lol:
Yes. Many, many of them have.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n252519 said:
Nope... the offense didn't improve during the season and either did special teams.

Are you high? Your statement just drives home my point. The offense and ST did nothing all season, so JUST AS I SAID, they shat the bed nearly every game.

Is your premise that we knew that neither O or ST would EVER do ANYTHING in ANY game, and therefore should be ignored when looking to place blame???

You gotta be drunk or something :lol:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Durty South Swamp;n253543 said:
Are you high? Your statement just drives home my point. The offense and ST did nothing all season, so JUST AS I SAID, they shat the bed nearly every game.

Is your premise that we knew that neither O or ST would EVER do ANYTHING in ANY game, and therefore should be ignored when looking to place blame???

I think he's agreeing with you in that you state 2/3 of the team never developed and could have won us a few games, and then he agrees those parts of the team never developed as we had hoped. I don't think he's arguing with you, but agreeing with you.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n253543 said:

Not high or drunk... Somebody earlier in the thread was talking about how the defense improved and looked good during the FSU game. We were talking about how bad everything was and I was pointing out that unlike the defense... the offense never improved. I think the defense was overrated, especially in key situations, but they did get better during the year. I expected the offense to be good last year and agree that they **** the bed. I am not arguing with you at all...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n253565 said:
Not high or drunk... Somebody earlier in the thread was talking about how the defense improved and looked good during the FSU game. We were talking about how bad everything was and I was pointing out that unlike the defense... the offense never improved. I think the defense was overrated, especially in key situations, but they did get better during the year. I expected the offense to be good last year and agree that they **** the bed. I am not arguing with you at all...

I think Durty is the one who is high or drunk. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator