GCMB Poll: The Kelly Verdict

Which school is going to get Chip Kelly as its coach?

• Total voters

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Another thread that you can see who the Pumpers and Dumpers are. Well done OP!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think what puts so much doubt in people's minds here is that there have been so many rumors and inside sources that are supposedly close to UF UAA that have turned out to be wrong or off base or haven't panned out when it was supposed to. A lot of negotiations are taking place so these things take time and the timeline gets pushed back days and weeks. Who knows what to believe??!! We will know the truth soon enough...or will we??!!

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
UCLA, because:
Saban
Easier to win Pac 12 title (again)
Easier path to playoffs
UCLA already has the facilities built
Lower expectations at UCLA
We're way behind in top notch SEC talent (despite a promising class next year) - too much recruiting needed
Florida athletes go everywhere nowadays (home state recruiting advantage is overblown)
Crazier fans here - too much noise in the system
LA (perhaps)
He didn't sign when the UF Pres personally went to woo him (SF payout is just nonsensical)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How many people's minds were changed when the "done-deal" announcement deadline passed & passed & passed.
The timeline is approaching the time Stricklin's original presser claimed would be our operating window. Which are we, pumper or dumper for believing Stricklin sticks to his word, the University of Florida sticks to its practices, stated & followed for many years? How often do rumors stick to their words? Who ever should swear by them?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How many people's minds were changed when the "done-deal" announcement deadline passed & passed & passed.
The timeline is approaching the time Stricklin's original presser claimed would be our operating window. Which are we, pumper or dumper for believing Stricklin sticks to his word, the University of Florida sticks to its practices, stated & followed for many years? How often do rumors stick to their words? Who ever should swear by them?
A stopped clock is right twice a day. Not sure our rumors have that level.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think what puts so much doubt in people's minds here is that there have been so many rumors and inside sources that are supposedly close to UF UAA that have turned out to be wrong or off base or haven't panned out when it was supposed to. A lot of negotiations are taking place so these things take time and the timeline gets pushed back days and weeks. Who knows what to believe??!! We will know the truth soon enough...or will we??!!
perhaps this is the reason for 33 members not buying chip to UF? Nah... let’s make it a bash certain posters thing. At least you’re consistent. Consistently talking out your azz :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta take a bow when I get a "like" from somebody with as good a head on his shoulders as Durty's Toe.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
The Bruins fans are probably sitting there saying "If he wanted to be a Bruin, he would be."

Good Lord, they are just waiting for the season to end. Not sure why a few days totally changed everything in people's minds.

Everyone is talking about "no one ever announces a new coach before the end of the season". Well, every example that has been used to justify that statement has been examples of coaches that are currently coaching another team. CK is not currently coaching another team so there is no reason to wait. I know, I know...everyone is going to state the NFL contract conflict. That is easily avoided by any number of contractual language clauses in the new contract. When I say "if he wanted to be a Gator, he would be a Gator" it is simply because there are none of the normal reasons for waiting to announce him as is the case in most hires that are bringing in a coach that is currently working with another team. Announcing a coach and that coach immediately assuming all the roles and responsibilities of a coach are two different things.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone is talking about "no one ever announces a new coach before the end of the season". Well, every example that has been used to justify that statement has been examples of coaches that are currently coaching another team. CK is not currently coaching another team so there is no reason to wait. I know, I know...everyone is going to state the NFL contract conflict. That is easily avoided by any number of contractual language clauses in the new contract. When I say "if he wanted to be a Gator, he would be a Gator" it is simply because there are none of the normal reasons for waiting to announce him as is the case in most hires that are bringing in a coach that is currently working with another team. Announcing a coach and that coach immediately assuming all the roles and responsibilities of a coach are two different things.
Urban Meyer was not announced at OSU until 2 days after the season... why did they wait so long? Because it's not done that way... better take a xanax on Saturday too because it most likely won't be announced then either... Sunday at the earliest

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Another thread that you can see who the Pumpers and Dumpers are. Well done OP!!
I'm not so sure the people who give an opinion about this particular subject are dumping. IF and I do mean if, all that has been said about Kelly is true, even 75%, then I am not so sure he is the right guy for the program. That coupled with all the back and forth drama just jades the whole thing. Frost might just be our best option.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not so sure the people who give an opinion about this particular subject are dumping. IF and I do mean if, all that has been said about Kelly is true, even 75%, then I am not so sure he is the right guy for the program. That coupled with all the back and forth drama just jades the whole thing. Frost might just be our best option.
What back and forth drama? The only back and forth drama has been created by people on the internet and not anyone actually involved in this. If you want to blame Chip for narrowing down his job opportunities to 2 and listening to both before deciding then you are being ridiculous.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Urban Meyer was not announced at OSU until 2 days after the season... why did they wait so long? Because it's not done that way... better take a xanax on Saturday too because it most likely won't be announced then either... Sunday at the earliest
Lol...don't mistake my submission of a thought to consider as an obsession with the matter at hand. Quite honestly, the rest of my life is in no way impacted by the decision of a coach for my alma mater. It may have some determination on what I do on Saturdays but there are plenty of options. This whole thing has not impacted my life at all EXCEPT for I now come to this forum first with my cup of coffee instead of other sites.

I think the things that amuses me the most are the definitive statements made without any real proof or justification. Statements made as fact that are nothing more than unsubstantiated opinions or desires of the heart. If you notice, my comments (all of them) are just made to open this discussion up to consider things that most would find logical to consider IF they were not so wrapped up into what they want to see that they cannot consider other options.

As I said in an earlier post, my comments are made to expand closed minds. My particular comment in this thread was simply if CK wanted to be a Gator he would be. The normal preclusion to that decision being made do not exist in the case where you have a candidate who does not have a current coaching role. That is the only statement I made. Does that sound like I am out of control or would be if CK picks UCLA? If so, you probably need to rethink your level of evaluation of other's demeanor.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He will start a new Football program at Abilene Christian University, located exactly halfway between LA and Gainesville. They will win the national championship in year three.

Abilene Christian already has a football team. They did move up to D1 fcs a couple years ago, so maybe that is what peaks his interest.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I changed the option to allow anyone to change their vote. Have at it.

I'm sticking with mine. I think we're going to hire Kelly.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
Scott Frost ........maybe
Chip Kelly...........not so much

Chris Petersen.........current coach at Washington ..........probably named coach at Tennessee by Monday

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Another walking cash register wannabe instead of a legend in the making... Stricklin has to find a guy the fan base will rally behind and equally embrace it... I remain in the got played again crowd with the option to eat crow at any time :cool:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
If Kelly is acting like a preek playing 2 schools at once making everybody look silly then f@ck him. Frost is the guy we need. He could give us immediate success and being young could make his name on the national stage at UF.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Won't be shocked if Kelly circles back to Florida and offers to be more flexible. He's done everything else. Why not that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator