Get it out of your system

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
Damn it Navet, you might be a Mod but there is absolutely NO CALL for clear thinking or logic around here.
JD wasn't good last night man. No other way around it. They changed the entire offense for him and he still played bad. D Robinson bailed him out though. That guy can't be covered in one on one coverage.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Mudd said:
WM sucks, needs to be fired!

JD sucks needs to hit the bench!

O-line sucks so bad Roper is scared to call a pass play!

WRs are so bad they can't catch a cold!

The Defense sucks because of Muschumps bad coaching!

Did I forget anything?.....Oh Hardin needs to be kicked off the team!

There, now I sound like all the other cool kids. :whew:
No, no he's not. Needs to stick to kickoffs.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Law98gator;n50723 said:
Driscol continues to be the turd in the punchbowl.

In the words of Booger McFarland, Driscol can't hit the side of a barn on long passes.

I don't know, I think he is more like a turd in a turd bowl when in the pocket of that O-line.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
A few things to get out of my system; Jeff Driskel reminds me of a scrambling golfer. Nothing seems to come easy. Sometimes they make a great play, but a lot of times they had to make a great play due to a self-inflicted error, and if they were just more cautious on the easy stuff, they wouldn't need an up-and-in from the deep rough. The talent is there, but watching Driskel is a rollercoaster of anxiety and breath holding, followed by huge sighs of relief. But, but!, he's 14-3 as a starter and while it has to be the most tedious, tenuous 14-3 of any QB in UF's history, it's still 14-3 and that's pretty damn good. Has Austin Hardin ever been close on a big field goal? Ever? I mean, has he made one kick where all 90,000 fans got some body english going and a little lean because the kick had a chance? Forget making the damn thing, get it in the vicinity of the goal posts. You knew milliseconds after he touched the ball it had no chance. Our rookies in the secondary struggled in pass coverage, although Maye looked Elam-esque against the run. But Maye, Neal, Gorman and Dawson have to get better quickly in pass coverage. Poole was good in deep coverage but got killed on the shorter stuff. Matt Jones and Demarcus Robinson looked like absolute beasts. We're better on offense because those two are big time ballers. Hargreaves and Fowler are NFL first rounders on defense. Lastly, our football mantra seems to be "overcome the adversity." I've heard that six thousand times already this year. It's stupid, we need to change that. It presumes bad things happening and frankly, we often play like we're waiting on the next bad thing to happen. How about "avoid the adversity" or "make the other team overcome their adversity"? So sick of hearing about overcoming adversity, when our focus should be having as little adversity as possible. How about prepare and execute to a point where adversity is minimal? Anyway, tired of hearing about adversity. There, it's all out now! :). Great to be a Gator and great to be undefeated.
Give the adversary nothing but adversity.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
He needs to can the friggin adversity talk. Even on the ride back to Atlanta at 1:30am, fans on the call-in shows are talking about overcoming adversity, even Mick and Brady Ackerman talk about it. It's almost like overcoming adversity has taken the place of things like killer instinct and execution. Yeah, I get that there's adversity in games but we're so focused on the adversity part of games, we play tight and rigid. This team, especially Driskel, gets wound so damn tight at times, it's because we're presuming, assuming, and even anticipating adversity in games. It's like we play with a defensive posture, like our backs are against the wall, when we should be loose and confident. Screw the adversity, that's my new motto! Don't have it, then you don't have to overcome it! It's like not drinking water for two days, and then getting all hyped-up about overcoming the dehydration. It's like eating whoppers and cheesecake fives times a day and then preaching about overcoming the obesity. AVOID ADVERSITY, as much as possible, then you can deep six the "overcome it" mantra.
You can always tell coaches that are in over their head. You have talent, so what's your excuse for not assimilating it into a formidable force. A team's persona is that of the head coach as they say. 'Nuff said and concur with a stop this campaign slogan for losers chant of his. It's a bad example in front of our kids.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I'm in a pumping mood, so here is some more. According to SEC Networks crazy mathematical equation we have a 13% chance of winning the SEC only Auburn, Alabama, and AtM have a better chance.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n50768 said:
I don't know, I think he is more like a turd in a turd bowl when in the pocket of that O-line.

After halftime he went 18/23, 179 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 187 passer rating...yeah he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the 1st half but was much better after that...but let's just blame him for everything.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Mudd;n50768 said:

After halftime he went 18/23, 179 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 187 passer rating...yeah he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the 1st half but was much better after that...but let's just blame him for everything.
:exactly: He threw two perfect strikes in OT that helped us win. Of course DRob making the catches didn't hurt... But you know, receivers don't have to make the catches. QBs just have to make the perfect throws and the ball magically appears in the receivers hands!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Mudd;n50768 said:

Haters gonna hate.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n50849 said:
I'm in a pumping mood, so here is some more. According to SEC Networks crazy mathematical equation we have a 13% chance of winning the SEC only Auburn, Alabama, and AtM have a better chance.

That would be fantastic, I feel we need to win the East minimal. We have as much talent as anybody in the east, just need the coaching to develop it better.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
He needs to can the friggin adversity talk. Even on the ride back to Atlanta at 1:30am, fans on the call-in shows are talking about overcoming adversity, even Mick and Brady Ackerman talk about it. It's almost like overcoming adversity has taken the place of things like killer instinct and execution. Yeah, I get that there's adversity in games but we're so focused on the adversity part of games, we play tight and rigid. This team, especially Driskel, gets wound so damn tight at times, it's because we're presuming, assuming, and even anticipating adversity in games. It's like we play with a defensive posture, like our backs are against the wall, when we should be loose and confident. Screw the adversity, that's my new motto! Don't have it, then you don't have to overcome it! It's like not drinking water for two days, and then getting all hyped-up about overcoming the dehydration. It's like eating whoppers and cheesecake fives times a day and then preaching about overcoming the obesity. AVOID ADVERSITY, as much as possible, then you can deep six the "overcome it" mantra.
I agree with what you are saying about preparing, and also imprinting a more affirmative phrase and beneficial mental/physiological patterning

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't the UK team we grew up with. They are talented and will upset someone this year. Their QB is legit and the skill players are improved. Defense is good not great.

That being said...Driskel looks scared half the time. Isn't the point of a read option that the QB keeps it now and again. I saw two plays where he would've walked in for scores had he kept the ball. He also can't hit the deep ball unless he lucks out. We had a couple drops that shook his confidence early, and that is the point. He is a fragile QB mentally...but he's the best we've got right now. Maybe by season's end Harris can lead us to tough victories, but he's a true freshman and the season is young.

Our secondary sucked for the most part and our line didn't get consistent pressure, but had some huge plays. Oline still needs to gel.

I actually enjoyed the power run game. Driskel wasn't performing and we were able to move the ball. I don't want it to be the primary mode of attack, but it was nice to have and reestablish our offense in the game.

End of the day, we won despite numerous errors. Plenty of tape to learn from and coach on. I love that when Neal was asked how he did, he brought up the plays he missed...not celebrating the two pics.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All good points Alcoholica. If our corners had not given up all those passes UK got the scroe may not have been close. They were a big portion of the issues that happened Saturday night.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
All good points Alcoholica. If our corners had not given up all those passes UK got the scroe may not have been close. They were a big portion of the issues that happened Saturday night.
I was thinking more of the Safeties. VH3 and Poole were solid. Tabor got abused some. Neal was as bad as he was good. Gorman wasn't special.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
Gotcha and yes Tabor did get taken advantage of as well. They knew exactly where to hit when VH3 was out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Stop yelling about Driskel and start yelling at our WRs NOT named Demarcus Robinson that they really need to catch the ball when it's thrown to them. Especially when it's a perfect throw for a badly needed first down.

/rant
This times 100! Can't believe people are actually faulting the WRs for Driskel's ineptitude

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
WM sucks, needs to be fired!

JD sucks needs to hit the bench!

O-line sucks so bad Roper is scared to call a pass play!

WRs are so bad they can't catch a cold!

The Defense sucks because of Muschumps bad coaching!

Did I forget anything?.....Oh Hardin needs to be kicked off the team!

There, now I sound like all the other cool kids. :whew:
The kid can obviously kick the crap out of the ball, but it seems like it's a crapshoot every time. Almost no accuracy at all.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n50851 said:

:owned:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
That was one of the worse officiated games I have ever seen.
Good thing you added the caveat of "one of". I can think of one that was worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.