OFFENSE

DEFENSE

OPINE

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
As always, James continues to point to the things that are so blatantly obvious about the offense. BN O is outdated, bad route combos, bad play calls against what the D is doing and unfortunately exposing what and why people people felt Mertz wasn't going to have success.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Watching the game was bad enough; only a masochist could sit through those film breakdowns. Hard pass.
Think how the coaches feel!

I like to watch the line play. In this particular game, I want to see how/why the defense played the way they did.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
At least I'm relieved that on defense it wasn't scheme or bad play calling, it was that people just reverted to bad angles and crappy tackling. Coach Armstrong put them in position to make plays, they just didn't make them.

Offensively? UGH.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Defense

Scoobie had a terrible game.

Jason Marshall didn't have a good game.

The defense didn't play well in the first half with the counter... we were in the right call but the players (LBs) didn't execute (a step too slow). The DL didn't play bad. In fact, they played pretty good.

The defensive calls were good. A few really good offensive calls were just better.

Bad angles (not by much) resulted in poor tackling by the LBs and DBs.

Not as bad as it looked.

IMO... that damned 4th down jumping into the shield was the turning point. It was early... but critical.

OFFENSE

The QB missed two wide-open WRs early. He also didn't see to wide-open WRs (for possible TDs) later.

The right tackle had his hands full during pass pro. He didn't cause a sack but QB had to scramble several times (affecting QB play). Center got blown up twice.

I don't know if it was a miss or by design, but the TE didn't chip before going out on a couple of plays which led to a QB sack or scramble.

The offense is just ugly. Maybe get rid of that stupid fake jet sweep (especially when its a run play - he doesn't even block).

If the offense was a car, I would say take it to the shop, disassemble the whole thing, and reassemble it. Its like everything is just a smudge off.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
It almost looked like the backers got to close at first and an OL got hats on them And Ray got sprung. Then they hung back but then couldnt fill the gap to make the play. I’m sure it got worse, second guessing after getting gouged a few times

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At least I'm relieved that on defense it wasn't scheme or bad play calling, it was that people just reverted to bad angles and crappy tackling. Coach Armstrong put them in position to make plays, they just didn't make them.

Offensively? UGH.
Yeah I felt much better about the defense after watching that. The "All 22" film that he gets to watch to make these podcasts really shows what's happening in a way we just aren't able to see on TV watching it live.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Saw in the comments on shanes podcast about a guy named Vanadore’s youtube reviews. Just watched one and they are pretty good. Much shorter, he talks slow like Billy, so speed it up.

More or less the same as GNFP, but less commentary, more read between the lines. Does a better job of showing why certain plays failed, often just one block. Watching his review makes me think CBN is going “it’ll work” vs my scheme sucks with our personnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator