Going hiking in Blowing Rock NC this weekend...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Keep an eye out for anyone wearing yellow and purple. They're likely to pull out a gun.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Drive the Blue Rodge Parkway to Grandfather Mountain. The drive itself is spectacular and I seem to recall a few good trails there. Along the route, keep your eyes open for trailhead markers too, as there are a lot of trails along the Parkway as well. Linville Caverns is worth a stop too. We were there a few years ago and found good trails for the family online. I searched for "hiking trails near blowing rock" and found a few good websites with descriptions, directions, and difficulty of the trails. Enjoy!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Going hiking in Blowing Rock NC this weekend...

Hiking...often on trails, typically around mountatins...getting HIGHer..

Rock...crack...cocaine...

Blowing...blow...cocaine...

Getting high in the woods on cocaine? Well, Ok then.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hiking...often on trails, typically around mountatins...getting HIGHer..

Rock...crack...cocaine...

Blowing...blow...cocaine...

Getting high in the woods on cocaine? Well, Ok then.
15e978870deb48f1a0c64fe6e665e8fa73cabd8d292267d3037a449772ba4646.jpg

Alex.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
...any tips?
:)

Thanks!

Alex.

Hiking gets tougher the older you get. Wife and I climbed Mt. LeConte in the Smokies a few years back and can still feel the aches and pains. Having climbed extensively in the White Mountains of New Hampshire during college years, Memory told me the LeConte hike would be a breeze. Afterwards Body called Memory a lying fool.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Make sure you have great hiking boots. Make sure they're already broken in and if they're older, buy new inserts. Wear wool socks. Bring sun protection and a camelback.

Are you camping or just day hikes?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Linville Gorge Wilderness is a great spot for day hikes or backcountry camping.

Just make sure you hang your food and anything that has come in contact with food at least 10 feet off the ground and 4 feet from any tree or branch.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Linville Gorge Wilderness is a great spot for day hikes or backcountry camping.

Just make sure you hang your food and anything that has come in contact with food at least 10 feet off the ground and 4 feet from any tree or branch.

My wife ate a sandwich.

I told her I had to hang her 10 feet in the air.

Alex.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Linville Gorge. You can drive to the top, although it will beat the hell out your car. Then there are plenty of trails to explore.

My uncle developed a lot of the stuff around there and was architect for Grandfather Country Club. We went all the time. However, I haven't been there in 10 years so check with the locals in case access to the top has changed. Make them believe you're from around there or they might not talk to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.