Good luck to the 55 Gators starting @NFL training camp this week! #GatorMade

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was a tweet from coach Mac today. I thought it was perty kewl.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Dipshystkel, Jacoby Brissett and Josh SHAW aren't Gators.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read the article about Dante Fowler's recent arrests and his comments that he doesn't have a maturity issue, he's growing as a person, blah, blah, blah. It also said he was arrested in Miami Beach last year for assault on a police officer/resisting arrest, 4 speeding tickets in Jacksonville....plus Alachua County - one for going 97 and another going 99 mph.....plus a video of him refereeing a fight between his girlfriend and his ex-girlfriend. Wow! Then it says he signed for a fully-guaranteed 4-years, $23.5 million.

Honestly, what incentive do these guys have to be productive and have a good "career"? You give me $23.5 million, I could lollygag around for 4 years, get arrested a few times, party, miss team workouts....do just enough to stay on the roster....then retire. I'd have at least $8-10 million left to go live the rest of my life in the Caribbean and still be healthy, rich, and essentially do whatever I want to do...for the rest of my life. It's unbelievable the money these high draft picks get and there's no telling if they'll be successful or not...or be a douchebag who gets arrest 2x's in 2 years and be an embarrassment to your team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read the article about Dante Fowler's recent arrests and his comments that he doesn't have a maturity issue, he's growing as a person, blah, blah, blah.
When he stomped out saying "I'm leaving with Chimp" that told me all I need to know about him.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You give me $23.5 million, I could lollygag around for 4 years, get arrested a few times, party, miss team workouts....do just enough to stay on the roster....then retire. I'd have at least $8-10 million left to go live the rest of my life in the Caribbean and still be healthy, rich, and essentially do whatever I want to do...for the rest of my life.

Yeah, you'd have $8-$10m left because you're not a complete moron like most of these guys. They on the other hand won't have a pot to piss in 2 years after they're out of the league. The arrests, speeding tickets, video, etc. give us some insight into what type of person we're dealing with here. The big chicken vs. the egg question is does the money turn them into complete dipshyts who do stupid stuff or are they already dipshyts doing stupid stuff who happen to come into a ton of money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator