Good Read on the Muschamp Disaster and Spurrier Possibility

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz;n87499 said:
I am not convinced Spurrier would come back however....for discussion purposes how much of an impact does he make? Certainly his name would attract top recruits but does he still have it? Would he be committed to work at the pace required at UF? We all know the leash is short but if Spurrier doesn't bring the type of fire like he did in the 90's would the fan base turn on him for being so impatient?

The chances that our next coach makes an Urban/spurrier flash right away is slim If you ask me just because any coach who does come in will have to restore the players, fan base and boosters confidence.

The one thing I am certain is....We will be back.

Long time reader but seldom poster. This Marine would love to hear your thoughts.

I don't think he'd be a big splash with recruits. With his age there's going to be a lot of negative recruiting

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n87486 said:
Hey, Paul. Remember when I said I wanted you to post more.

I changed my mind.

:)

Well, I thought me mentioning my desire to spend the night with Penelope Cruz would save me. Apparently not.... :dance2:

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n87512 said:
I don't think he'd be a big splash with recruits. With his age there's going to be a lot of negative recruiting

Geez I don't know about that. I would respectfully disagree just because his name is Steve Spurrier and quite frankly I don't think age is a factor. Recruits know who he is and even today he is known across college football. If anything the challenges of restoring the program would be greater. I honestly don't think he would have the drive to rebuild the program at this point but KSU's Snyder has not done too bad so who knows.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz;n87506 said:
BTW...those concerned for SOS's legacy need not to worry. Regardless if he comes back or not he is already enshrined into Gator history. I do not believe his legacy would be tarnished.

You should post more...welcome

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He isn't coming back. Media pinheads that were popping zits when SOS was in his prime as HC here can't understand.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz;n87519 said:
Geez I don't know about that. I would respectfully disagree just because his name is Steve Spurrier and quite frankly I don't think age is a factor. Recruits know who he is and even today he is known across college football. If anything the challenges of restoring the program would be greater. I honestly don't think he would have the drive to rebuild the program at this point but KSU's Snyder has not done too bad so who knows.

I'm not saying it isn't possible by any means but he's not going to out recruit Nick saban or jimbo Fisher. And Snyder has to rely on juco. Players because he's too old for anyone to give a 4year commitment to.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n87533 said:
You should post more...welcome

Thank you....I read and posted back in the old site once in a while and I do enjoy this nice board. I often read many post on here but honestly as much as I am not happy with the current situation I don't like to bash our program. I mean that in the most respectful way but some of the hatred is unreal. Yes WM has worn his welcome and yes he will be fired but as fans....just like me it's not fast enough. Honestly I am done wasting my energy on this coach. I am looking forward to the new staff and all of the speculation of possible candidates. I have a few coaches that "could" fit the bill but I don't know how you guys would react....

Names like Brian Kelley, Dabo @ Clemson, Bob Stoops, Steve Spurrier will certainly be tossed out there.

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n87542 said:
I'm not saying it isn't possible by any means but he's not going to out recruit Nick saban or jimbo Fisher. And Snyder has to rely on juco. Players because he's too old for anyone to give a 4year commitment to.

Can't argue with you....Saban and Jimbo are hot right now. But remember nothing last forever and my gut tells me Jimbo is not as clean as he appears. Something about that guy tells me that he has been hiding a lot...especially with JW. Of course pure speculation but that's my gut feeling.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator_Chompz;n87549 said:
Can't argue with you....Saban and Jimbo are hot right now. But remember nothing last forever and my gut tells me Jimbo is not as clean as he appears. Something about that guy tells me that he has been hiding a lot...especially with JW. Of course pure speculation but that's my gut feeling.

Yeah there's definitely something going on there.Idk if anything happens though. I just can't get over how long the laundry list of things jw has done and he's only had to sit one game

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier, stoops, Kelly, no matter. I just can't wait for the change.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting. Would not bother me but just want rid of the current stinch we have right now.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't put it past Spurrier and would definitely extend an invitation. For those who think his age will matter to recruits - I think he would be fine if the program started winning and soon after his arrival. He's done that before. Bill Snyder is 75 years old and is doing fine.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its ok to dream....but its past due time to wake up. S.O.S. will never return to Gainesville to coach the gators.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
backstop13;n87480 said:
I actually like Gundy. I'd be supportive of that hire

What about the guy Gundy was coaching against last Saturday? That TCU program is looking really good.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
The most compelling thing about that long ass article were the sickening statistics that Muschamp leaves as his legacy here. Those are University of Kansas stats, not UF. But apparently,
As much as you may dislike Muschamp as a coach, he is still a human being and deserves a modicum of respect.
He's lucky we don't disembowel him on national tv.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n87688 said:
I wouldn't put it past Spurrier and would definitely extend an invitation. For those who think his age will matter to recruits - I think he would be fine if the program started winning and soon after his arrival. He's done that before. Bill Snyder is 75 years old and is doing fine.

Doing fine getting recruits that UF would in general turn their noses up at. Winning at Kansas State isn't like Winning in the SEC at Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator