Granddaughter teamed up with WBB team through Team Impact for disabled kids

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Team Impact pairs up kids with disabilities with college teams. She got paired up with the Women's BB team.
She has type 1 juvenile diabetes and wears a dexcom constantly except the shower or pool. Carries a backpack everywhere with her supplies, Insulin, glucose meter (for when they think dexcom is wrong), extra port, etc. Kids a trooper.
Don't know how it works but she's supposedly a member of team, whether she gets her own jersey isn't known but they did ask her shirt size.
Got to watch practice and got a tour of facilities and campus.

Last edited:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice, Prayers for your daughter.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Team Impact pairs up kids with disabilities with college teams. She got paired up with the Women's BB team.
She has type 1 juvenile diabetes and wears a dexcom constantly except the shower or pool. Carries a backpack everywhere with her supplies, Insulin, glucose meter (for when they think dexcom is wrong), extra port, etc. Kids a trooper.
Don't know how it works but she's supposedly a member of team, whether she gets her own jersey isn't known but they did ask her shirt size.
Got to watch practice and got a tour of facilities and campus.
I wasn't going to give you another like because your cheating with the multiple posting :lol:

However, I did give another one because my 8 year old has type 1. Diagnosed when she was 5. She has all the bells and whistles and carries a pack everywhere she goes as well. It's a tough life for a type 1, and life changes in a hot second for everyone in the family. Hopefully someone is on the verge of a cure. I think UF has a great research program trying to better understand type 1.

Thanks for posting jeeping!

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Learned this evening she'll be signing a letter of intent with team.

Midwest, she was diagnosed at age 8 I believe. She was drinking a LOT of water, getting weak etc. Niece is a nurse and one day pinched her arm, Emma yelled ow and niece smelled her breath, said "Get her to Shands NOW", no Ocala or Villages hospitals. Her glucose was way up there.

Yes, it changed our lives immediately, we keep some supplies at my house, other family same.

Do whatever you can to learn more, go to conferences, meetings, etc.

Nov 5th she's performing a routine (with a group) at "Dancing for Diabetes" at the Dr. Phillips center in Orlando.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.