Grantham and Hevesy fired

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’ve said that any one of 3 things gets DM fired:

(1) Refuse to fire Grantham when told
(2) Lose to FSU
(3) Lose AR to the portal

Well one down. If either of the other two happens he is gone…unless he is already and we don’t know it.

I’m glad Grantham and Hevesy are gone. Period. They don’t deserve to coach another game here regardless of DM.

I also note in the bumped and locked 2017 Mullen hiring thread post #624 confirms my first post on the hire. I can’t remember with who but rather recently went back and forth with 2 different posters who were stating I wanted the hire. Lol…..I never wanted the guy. He wasn’t down further on my list….he wasn’t on there at all.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If Cousin Eddie had any ball$, he would say since I call the plays I am going to manage the offensive line. For some reason our vaunted run game has turned to shyt against some awful defenses. That is when a real head coach says I am taking over that group. But as we all know, Cousin Eddie subscribes to the Kevin Spacey moniker in the movie "American Beauty":

https://y.yarn.co/458921e2-def5-40e4-b7ff-1952f4fdc8f2.mp4

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yes. I will get really serious when both Strichnine and Cousin Eddie are told to pound sand. And when Fooley's parking decal and place to sit are removed then I might do something really drastic.

That scenario would call for a major celebration.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
BTW, for the guy on Tweeter who said he would be announcing Breaking News, all I have to say is:

It’s hard to be a journalist today. There’s just no way to actually do your job before someone else has. It’s why some have chosen a Persian rap career as a side gig. Not sure why anyone would go to UF(or anywhere else) journalism today.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I think you’re missing my point. What talent we have will transfer out. If Doochebag Dan is back next year it’s over. The next coaching staff isn’t turning this thing around 180 in 1 year. We’ve whiffed on recruiting for years now. We lack discipline and fundamentals. That doesn’t get corrected at the blink of an eye.

I’m glad you are holding out hope.

Not disagreeing with your premise that DM must go….but I will say a new staff would have their quickest success with discipline and fundamentals. Putting the right damn players on the field is another easy improvement rather than burying them on the depth chart.

Restocking talent will take more time for sure.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Paul Pasqualoni? I don't really follow the NFL. Was he any good as the Lions' DC?

I’ll put it this way. The reason it’s still up in the air as to whether or not he’ll be calling the defense is that he’s been in bed since quarter to 6. He doesn’t even know this has all happened. Look for an update when he gets up in 4 hours.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll put it this way. The reason it’s still up in the air as to whether or not he’ll be calling the defense is that he’s been in bed since quarter to 6. He doesn’t even know this has all happened. Look for an update when he gets up in 4 hours.
I mean he'll be up to pee several times, I just don't think he'll notice what happened.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well in all honesty this to me classifies as a tease. I was at least hoping for a reach around. Perhaps tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator