Grantham STAYING; assistant coach hires & fires

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Cory Sanders from Pitt is a name that @GatorCountry has floated around for a few days now. He’s spoken with Mullen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I could be wrong, but I feel like your first thought is correct. I think Mattison was in the booth while Strong was on the field when we had them in ‘05-06.

I do not think Mattison was ever in the booth and am not sure he was officially CO-DC until after 2006. I think that was to prevent him from going elsewhere at the time. but while at UF he was never the DC. He was strictly the D-Line coach (and a good one at that) and was on the field.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I do not think Mattison was ever in the booth and am not sure he was officially CO-DC until after 2006. I think that was to prevent him from going elsewhere at the time. but while at UF he was never the DC. He was strictly the D-Line coach (and a good one at that) and was on the field.

Not sure about the booth but he was 100% co-DC in 2005 and 2006. Strong stayed on from Zook I believe and Meyer brought in Mattison and gave him and Strong the co-DC titles.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

I mean I get it but let’s be honest, he hasn’t hired hire anyone for DC yet and he hired the guy who got Joe Brady his coffee every morning. Let’s slow our roll on that

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This post didn’t age well. Took 25 minutes.

Not the first time I was wrong, but if the UAA is gonna btch about Mullens violations while hiring a guy who was part of a dirty program and directly recruited one of the dudes that admitted to taking money how hypocritical is that?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not the first time I was wrong, but if the UAA is gonna btch about Mullens violations while hiring a guy who was part of a dirty program and directly recruited one of the dudes that admitted to taking money how hypocritical is that?

agreed

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Keep the guy who led the worst defense in program history. Why not?

Welcome to the party. It's absolutely MIND BLOWING that our head coach decided, "Yeah, I'm going to keep Fat Todd around another year" - after what he put on the field. Additionally, he's losing the fan base over it. Even casual fans are scratching their head over this. Meanwhile, he loses out on a chance at Freeman (Cincinnati, who likely ends up at LSU), Mason (going to Auburn), Steele (leaving Auburn), T Robinson (likely headed to Miami), Ash (who seems like he may not be taking the co-DC job now), and a few other proven DC's out there.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like the Ash hire. Pretty much cut Grantham's nuts and demote Grantham be the co DC and help Robinson coach linebackers

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The woman to Freeman’s right looks like georgia’s new AD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.