Grier vs. Harris....this time, it's personal

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n186313 said:
That's your prerogative, but I choose not to chase it around.

If only my Morningwood could win the backup position........

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone explain how and how much Grier's redshirt season improves his performance as our QB ?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
rogdochar;n186317 said:
Can someone explain how and how much Grier's redshirt season improves his performance as our QB ?

I'm not sure but if he doesn't gain some weight we might be wishing we had documented those "back spasms":whistle:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n186309 said:
Good Lord. Harris is far from awful. He had a real high soring effiiency when he came in. He struggled near the end once he got banged up from play too much Mushball and when Ds got a little bit of film on him. He was a TRUE freshman who didnt even have the spring to practice. A true frshman that played ten times better than the 4th year kid he replaced.

But, yes, I expect Grier to win. I also expect Mweg to surprise people.

Good points I expect whoever is working hard with their receivers in the off season to win. I have not heard anything about this.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n186367 said:
Ikeep hearing he has a problem with an early release and it winds up all over

Sorry TAG, this was better.
:giggle:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n186321 said:
I'm not sure but if he doesn't gain some weight we might be wishing we had documented those "back spasms":whistle:

You're like a little retarded parrot that only knows one phrase.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what I've read, WG seems to have the skill set to run the new offense....... If he has the mental ability is still the unanswered question.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For Harris to come in during the fall and compete on almost even terms with Grier, who was an EE, speaks of his abilities to learn fast. I can accept the argument that he was chosen over Grier because of his running abilities.

Mac's offense favors Grier, but one big thing going in Harris's favor is real SEC game experience. If Harris can develop in to more of a passer he'll have a good chance to be the starter. The fact that he played big boy HS, and was a winner, and now with some SEC experience should make him a decent starter and a great backup if Grier is the starter. From what I've seen of Mac's offense, the QB is a game manager and not the All American/Heisman hyped QB. Maybe because he just hasn't had one of those, maybe he can make Grier be that player.

Whoever starts, I just hope that Mac isn't afraid to put in the backup if things are falling apart some game. Just win! Go Gators

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter if Harris starts the first game, Grier is still the future of UF Football.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n186513 said:
A lot of Grier nut swinging for a kid who hasn't taken ONE college snap in a game. :blahblah:

That is my point. I hope he is as good as some think but we know that doesn't always work out - see Driskel.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n186488 said:
For Harris to come in during the fall and compete on almost even terms with Grier, who was an EE, speaks of his abilities to learn fast. I can accept the argument that he was chosen over Grier because of his running abilities.

Mac's offense favors Grier, but one big thing going in Harris's favor is real SEC game experience. If Harris can develop in to more of a passer he'll have a good chance to be the starter. The fact that he played big boy HS, and was a winner, and now with some SEC experience should make him a decent starter and a great backup if Grier is the starter. From what I've seen of Mac's offense, the QB is a game manager and not the All American/Heisman hyped QB. Maybe because he just hasn't had one of those, maybe he can make Grier be that player.

Whoever starts, I just hope that Mac isn't afraid to put in the backup if things are falling apart some game. Just win! Go Gators

That is why I think Harris will probably end up starting. He wasn't even here in the Spring and he has got game experience as a true freshman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator