Happy Anniversary! Jim McElwain fired

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
This joke was worth re-posting. :lol:

:exactly:

It would be fascinating to graph the emotional roller-coaster of the board since this was first announced.
Up - Mac's firing
Up - Chip Kelly/ Scott Frost are targets
Up - Kelly is coming!
Down - Kelly is not coming!
Down - Kelly is going to UCLA
Down - We are getting Mullen!
Small up - Taggert to FSU/Pruitt to UT
Up - Corral is still coming!
Down - Corral is not coming!
Up - Jones may be coming!
Down - Jones is going to FSU!
Way Up - No, Jones is UF!!!
Down - UGA recruiting well...
Moving up - Mullen is looking better than we first thought!
More up - Recruiting looking good!

The future so bright...:chomp:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Still not surprised that NO ONE, other than Randy Shannon, has gotten a job elsewhere.

Coaching staff was piss poor. Bunch of lazy bums who got a fat paycheck and didn't earn a dime of it.

I'm with Ox, it's thievery.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id dont think Doug Dumpsterfire will ever work again. He somehow got jobs at Bammer, Meatchikin and Florida and was a disaster at each. Too many people know how terrible he is at everything for him to land another P5 job.

Im sure someone will eventually hire Quiverlips.

Nord, no chance.

Most of the others will return to FIU soon.

Last edited:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Nothing we didn't already know, but the "attention to detail" comment's gotta sting.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
We should have a Mac-sighting thread, but no lies. Where is the flop and what can we speculate his presence there means. BTY, for all we know UF may have given him $7 million of buyout? That subject should be revealed if there are odorless leaks.

I think an open records request would give us the truth about the buyout. With UF being a public institution, I think they have to disclose that info for all to see.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
You have to smile at the irony of the author's use of "inherent" instead "inherit" with regard to the quote criticizing McYet's lack of "attention to detail". Pot, meet kettle, albeit on a massively lesser scale.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Still not surprised that NO ONE, other than Randy Shannon, has gotten a job elsewhere.

Coaching staff was piss poor. Bunch of lazy bums who got a fat paycheck and didn't earn a dime of it.

Rumph got hired at Tenn. Davis got hired (I think Missouri). Bell hired by UCF.

If Nord, Nussmeir or Butters gets hired I'll be shocked....

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Rumph got hired at Tenn. Davis got hired (I think Missouri). Bell hired by UCF.

If Nord, Nussmeir or Butters gets hired I'll be shocked....

I'm not shocked about Rumph. But he was the biggest disappointment of all. No recruiting ability and no development.

Bell held his own. Not total waste of money. Not I D1 school will touch the Butter McClusternuss show.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Id dont think Doug Dumpsterfire will ever work again. He somehow got jobs at Bammer, Meatchikin and Florida and was a disaster at each. Too many people know how terrible he is at everything for him to land another P5 job.

Im sure someone will eventually hire Quiverlips.

Nord, no chance.

Most of the others will return to FIU soon.

While I agree with you that Nuss sucks, I think he’ll find another job, a lucrative one at that, coaching. One of his buddies, maybe Mac when he lands on his feet, will hire him and pay him well. These guys seem to look out for each other, for better or worse. Or a smaller school with budget constraints will hire him as a HC and pay him $350k per year, which isn’t chump change.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017

Davis got hired by Mizz

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
:mac: deserves to be jeered everyday for his time in Gainesville. F!ck Butters. The man is stupid, stubborn, lazy and his wife dressed him funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.