Happy Fathers Day Gators!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Fatherhood took a very untraditional path for me and one I certainly never expected.

I inherited 2 of the best step kids(and one biological) anyone could ever want although you wouldn't have known it at the beginning....little bast@rds hated me.... At 41 and single I was never a kid person, I didn't even like babies... By the time my biological son(now 13)was born a lot of that changed.

Both step kids, Daughter now 32 and son now 28, came by last night and brought the little ones(daughter has a 8yo girl and a 4yo boy, and son has a 15 month old boy). Can't believe I've been around them now for 16 plus years. Looking back I can't believe they would one day refer to me as their Dad and their children's Grandfather.

They both disown their biological Father who still lives in the area and I've actually tried to encourage them to keep the door open to a relationship with him. The son has reached out to him several times and visited with him but it always ends badly...The daughter won't even speak his name and refuses to tell her children that I'm not their biological grandfather. I would be crushed if any of my kids felt this way about me especially as adults regardless of whatever situations have transpired(divorce/separation/disagreement)

The moral of the story I guess is to never let your differences in life destroy your relationship with your kids. Be there for them if nothing else. You might never know what you might be missing out on.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks! This year I'm blessed to have my daughter and her family here with me!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Daddy and fish.jpg

My dad, probably late 50's just before I was born.

Let's see 'em, I know you have an old pic, too.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Well that's awkward.

You mean you've known all this time that we have pics of your dad from before you were born?

Okay, since the cat's out of the bag, this one's from your dad's Navy days but I think it's the same house as the other one, right? ;):D

il_340x270.2863176005_kle8.jpg

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Daddy.jpg Hard to believe that its been 5 Fathers' Days since I called my Dad to tell him I loved him. Mean sense of humor, but always there for his kids. Harder to believe he went to war at 18 and ever looked like this.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

being a fisherman I love this pic with a stringer of bream long as he is tall. From the St Johns?

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We got a lot of eye-rolls when my kids (2 girls, one boy) were teens and wife and I discussed politics with them. Now, one of the best Father's Day gifts I receive (could be any day of the year) are texts sent to me by my kids with, for example, a Thomas Sowell quote. Warms the heart. I tell young parents who happen themselves to be conservative, "talk politics in the home, because if you don't, someone else will surely get to them with their beliefs."
Happy Father's Day!

Agreed

Once they leave home they are inundated with liberal crap from all directions and moral base you build before they leave is the only defense they have

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Happy Fathers Day to us and to the men who taught us what it means to be a Father.

This year I’m celebrating by assembling new patio furniture outside in the heat and dealing with diarrhea diapers from a sick 14 month old.

Alex.

Happy Father's day to all of you dads out there. I never met my father but I cherish being a dad to my son.

You don't know how to be a parent until you become one. What you hope is that all the time you spend coaching little league and soccer and attending plays and recitals pays off. Our plan was to keep our kids so involved they wouldn't have time for mischief.

Fortunately my son (32), who just became a senior member of an engineering firm, came by and spent the entire afternoon and evening on Father's Day with his parents. My daughter (29) called and spent about a half hour catching up. She lives in Texas, has two jobs, takes care of three horses and is in medical school. Both stay incredibly busy, so, for our kids to find the time to visit with their mom and dad is best reward for a parent and they do so regularly.

We could have done more as parents, but it doesn't take a holiday to make a mom or a dad. It starts at changing diapers!

I had a great Father's Day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator