Hargreaves has packages offensively

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw this and I also felt a little tingle.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
When your receivers won't step up, give the ball to the one kid who is guaranteed to step up. I like it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n271624 said:
Reading about Hargreaves' package gave you a tingle????

Alex.

I guess I walked into that. Well played Alex.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This could be seen as a negative or positive. Either he just wants to get elite talent on the field or he recognizes how little talent we have at receiver and is putting Hargreaves there for a few plays to provide some kind of spark.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah, when he was recruited, Muschamp called him the next Lito

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Get the ball to your playmakers...early and often

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
This is only a good idea if one of two things happen: Robinson, Powell, and Fulwood are so inept along with all other WR on scholarship that Mac has no choice; OR Wilson and Tabor are such studs that, God forbid, VHIII gets injured playing offense, no significant drop off in defense occurs. Otherwise, I don't understand why you take an All-American from his natural spot and subject him to further abuse, especially considering he's gone next April. I understand play makers getting the ball, but what a loss it would be if some 250-lb linebacker blindsides him over the middle for a simple 5-yard gain.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We heard this about other defenders before and it hardly happened at all in reality.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n271679 said:
We heard this about other defenders before and it hardly happened at all in reality.

Yeah, because Mushchamp was known to be so honest when it came to the offense, right?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ExecutiveGator;271678 said:
This is only a good idea if one of two things happen: Robinson, Powell, and Fulwood are so inept along with all other WR on scholarship that Mac has no choice; OR Wilson and Tabor are such studs that, God forbid, VHIII gets injured playing offense, no significant drop off in defense occurs. Otherwise, I don't understand why you take an All-American from his natural spot and subject him to further abuse, especially considering he's gone next April. I understand play makers getting the ball, but what a loss it would be if some 250-lb linebacker blindsides him over the middle for a simple 5-yard gain.
I'm guessing that if VH3 plays on offense, he won't be running short drag routes across the middle of the defense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n271683 said:
I'm guessing that if VH3 plays on offense, he won't be running short drag routes across the middle of the defense.

Nope...he'll be the lead blocker on goal line formations.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n271683 said:

Exactly, he probably won't be in the slot either. Now perhaps this is disinformation to get others to prepare for something that won't be happening. You might see him some at halfback, just think of him on a LB blowing by him for a large gain.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
This is not an original thought, but it rang true when I heard it: it is basically a recruiting tool. Young guys all think they can play both sides of the ball, so you show 'em that it can be done. I want all recruits to think they are the next VHIII.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n271718 said:
This is not an original thought, but it rang true when I heard it: it is basically a recruiting tool. Young guys all think they can play both sides of the ball, so you show 'em that it can be done. I want all recruits to think they are the next VHIII.

Perhaps a Heisman in his future, like this year. That would be great, and perhaps another statue this time from defense!!!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like it. I think Mac wants America to recognize that VHIII is the best PLAYER in the country and wants to utilize him in any way he can (think back to how LSU used Tyrann Mathieu a few years back...and he almost won the Heisman). Some would say that it is not wise to sacrifice the well being of your best player, but honestly the risk of injury is just as high when he's playing defense. Injuries can be equally random on either side of the ball. It's high risk high reward, but as the kids say: "Scared money don't make money".

Let's leave that passive, play-not-to-lose mentality behind with the previous regime. And as someone mentioned before, recruits have to love hearing these kind of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator