Hargreaves has packages offensively

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Perhaps its a creative way to get someone like Powell or Robinson a little more space. A lot of sec defenders would probably pay more attention to VH3 than Powell. He may never touch the ball on offense, but that doesn't mean he can't have an impact on it.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
When reached for comment about the possibility of getting hurt running offensive plays VH3 responded with
"I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!".
I think he'll be okay.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
HogtownGator;n271718 said:
This is not an original thought, but it rang true when I heard it: it is basically a recruiting tool. Young guys all think they can play both sides of the ball, so you show 'em that it can be done. I want all recruits to think they are the next VHIII.

It only becomes a recruiting tool if VHIII actually does play both sides in a meaningful way. Otherwise it is just talk.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Love to see two way players. Only a few can play both sides of the ball now.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
heversle;n271724 said:
I like it. I think Mac wants America to recognize that VHIII is the best PLAYER in the country and wants to utilize him in any way he can (think back to how LSU used Tyrann Mathieu a few years back...and he almost won the Heisman). Some would say that it is not wise to sacrifice the well being of your best player, but honestly the risk of injury is just as high when he's playing defense. Injuries can be equally random on either side of the ball. It's high risk high reward, but as the kids say: "Scared money don't make money".

Let's leave that passive, play-not-to-lose mentality behind with the previous regime. And as someone mentioned before, recruits have to love hearing these kind of things.

This, but I think he has a lot more talent than Mathieu, I'd say he's more comparable to Charles Woodson.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Play makers gotta play.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n271721 said:
Perhaps a Heisman in his future, like this year. That would be great, and perhaps another statue this time from defense!!!

Not a QB and his daddy isn't a preacher.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
A similar scenario happened with Lito Sheppard back in 2000. Of course, it didn't work out too well with him on offense; however, it may have led to the famous "Lito" game in the Swamp that ultimately decided the SEC east. If my memory serves correct, Lito ignited that game on a punt return. I've killed a lot of brain cells since then lol. But what a game that was!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought I remember Muschamp saying this also, but don't remember if we ever saw Vern really play on offense. If you put him in the game the defense is going to key off of him running a reverse or something.. I don't see him running routes.

I think Vern is great, and maybe we will see it with punt returns, but I haven't seen him do anything offensively yet that would make me want to risk him getting hurt by putting him in on offense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rarely does taking a defender and having him take offensive snaps ever amount to anything. And rarely when you hear a coach say he plans on doing that, does it actually happen. I'll be surprised if anything comes of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n272642 said:
Charles Woodson didn't play at UF. We have rules here.

Well perhaps we have rules but another heisman for UF and one for a defensive player would please me.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n272802 said:
Well perhaps we have rules but another heisman for UF and one for a defensive player would please me.

Haha, just busted your chops. we would all love for him to get the heisman

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator