Has LDR hit his ceiling?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah we won but once again most of us felt slightly let down and I for one thought we left 14-17 points on the field due to QB play. We had AWESOME starting field position the ENTIRE game against an inept and overwhelmed offense.

After the first couple of games this year I thought LDR had a base to build on and get better.....I never thought he would be spectacular but I thought he would at least be able to find the right guy and consistently hit that receiver....I'm not so sure at this point that he is what he is and will always be....

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
That third down play were he threw late to the tight end and we failed to convert. That sealed it for me. Danielson couldn't believe that Del Rio didn't go there sooner.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
That third down play were he threw late to the tight end and we failed to convert. That sealed it for me. Danielson couldn't believe that Del Rio didn't go there sooner.

Let's not forget the late and underthrown ball deep to Calloway.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Yeah he's just not very good, compare skill levels of him and Eason, that dudes gonna be sick in a year or 2

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If he had hit that on time it would have went for 20 yards and the 1st down....Seemed earlier in the year he was finding those plays.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
It appears so, he doesn't see the field well, doesn't see open receivers. That's a problem
He did seem to have problems of seeing the field yesterday i.e.the Goolsby play where he was wide open for a first down. Also, idk if this is effecting him, but he's somewhat of a small QB in terms of height so that might impact his throwing from the pocket which is a part of MAC's prostyle system. Also, thought his knee was still giving him problems to some extent, but who really knows with that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he hasn't hit the ceiling yet he's near it. He took some hits yesterday and the knee is nowhere near 100% IMO. He seems more tentative now than early in the season. Combine all of this with the fact that the competition is getting tougher is making this more evident. His OL is improving somewhat and he's had times of decent protection. It will be nice when we can get them all on the same page. I just think he's got some stuff in his head and needs to forget about it and just play ball.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
If he hasn't hit the ceiling yet he's near it. He took some hits yesterday and the knee is nowhere near 100% IMO. He seems more tentative now than early in the season. Combine all of this with the fact that the competition is getting tougher is making this more evident. His OL is improving somewhat and he's had times of decent protection. It will be nice when we can get them all on the same page. I just think he's got some stuff in his head and needs to forget about it and just play ball.
This..
And he probably needs to stop looking for the "home run" ball and just get to the easiest completion as quickly as possible because his pop gun arm is not going to put pressure on the seams of a defense

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
LDR, physically, is worse than Treon. The difference is LDR knows what is going on out on the field. Yesterday, his mind was writing checks his arm couldn't cash. I have hope though. Have you noticed how often he's looking to go deep? I think Mac wants to have a vertical passing attack but can't because of his QB. I'm anxious to see this offense with a real QB like Franks or Trask.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's been bumping his head on that ceiling for a while now.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had receivers running all alone yesterday and, either Del Rio is too small to see over the OL, is too busy staring at who he perceives to be the primary receiver or, he just doesn't have the arm to get them the ball if they re too deep. Thankfully , Georgia did hire the next MooseDump, they are terrible. In my opinion, a Spurrier or Myer led team would have hung 50 + on them yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator