Hate to throw water on the fire...

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...but we still have a ways to go...What is it with the throat slashing?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Agree on the throat slashing....it was an amateur move and can't believe he did it. Glad he didn't get flagged for it. What I'd like to know is why Ole Miss players can do that stupid shark thing and get no flag...but if a Gator player does the chomp it's an immediate flag.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n290698 said:

Mehhh. I have zero doubt Mac will fix that. Live a little. It's been so long.

Next week is week.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n290698 said:

And were all going to die someday but today we live and it's great to be a Florida Gator!

And, immaturity and thuggish behavior.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n290746 said:
It's the Magical Power of Mac.

I have to say, it's refreshing to see you happy and fully on board finally. I was cautiously optimistic. I like what JMac did at Co St, and his history of success before that as a coordinator but I didn't know if he had what it takes to run a big time program like UF. I think he's showing us Co St wasn't an accident and I'm lovin it!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
NavetG8r;n290809 said:
I have to say, it's refreshing to see you happy and fully on board finally.

I'm kind of weirded out by it. :fear:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n290809 said:
I have to say, it's refreshing to see you happy and fully on board finally.
Guys, some of you haven't been here or on GSMB long. I'm the worst bandwagon fan in the world. I have been since the 90s on the Old Swampy board.

I wore SOS underwear. I have Urban Meyer tattooed on my ass. I was even on the Chimp bandwagon for a while with so many pumpers who now hate me (or forget that I was and despise the crow they ate in 2013 and 2014 as if I were the cause). The only bandwagon I never got on was Zook.

Ox told some of you that I haven't always been a negative nelly, but you didn't listen. Daz and Chimp were hard on all of us.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n290825 said:
I have Urban Meyer tattooed on my ass..

giphy.gif

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
No one is throwing water on the fire. There is nothing wrong with being objective and as a process guy there is always something that needs improvement. Yes we are all excited about the game and what appears to be improvement each week. Granted nothing is ever going to be perfect but some things can be controlled. Yes I know all the good from Ole Miss game and am very pleased but there are some things to be concerned about. Firstly, Mac made a huge mistake by trying to chase points after the first missed extra point. Should never have gone for two after the 3rt TD Being up 19 only requires the opponent to score 2 TD's to somehow reach 19. Being up 20 requires at least 3 TD's. Sure it did not matter, but you have to to at the process. Football related, still concerned about the lace of cover skills and ball recognition our safetys have. We have to be the only team in America that allows safetys to cover wide receivers man to man on deep routes. No it is isnt just this coaching staff. Seems to be a staple for all coaching staffs at UF. But overall a terrific performance against a good team. Want the management things cleaned up though.

BTW for all the goofs who were clamoring for Freeze to be the HC at UF, I hope they saw that he is just what I always said he was: "A glorified high school coach", like many others who are coaching in college football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He shouldn't have done it, but that was a slash across the chest, not the throat.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
FireFoley;n290855 said:
BTW for all the goofs who were clamoring for Freeze to be the HC at UF, I hope they saw that he is just what I always said he was: "A glorified high school coach", like many others who are coaching in college football.

Agree. At this point it sure looks like we got the better coach. I guess time will tell. But you still have to give Freeze credit for what he has accomplished...it is friggin Ole Miss.

I wonder what he felt coming here yesterday and getting his ass kicked, about his decision to stay at Ole Miss, after supposedly being in contention last year.

I think back to that last SEC championship where Bama pounded us, and Bama completely and unexpectedly rolled out a spread offense against us for a series or two and ran up and down the field. It seems like coach Mac is an offensive genius, not just a plug and play scheme guy.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Just based on the whole throat slash incident earlier with KT, I have to believe that it wasn't meant to be a slash at all but somehow became that. We have a lot of work to do but it was so nice to finally put a whole game together. We did have a few plays that I'm glad didn't get flagged but probably could have. The finger wagging in the face of the WR, Davis standing over an OM player on the ground and the 2 point play where Treon was stopped but for whatever reason Treon decided to push the dudes helmet down. I wouldn't care if they weren't penalties but they usually are and they will eventually get called if they continue. I was thinking on the fair catch interference play that maybe they thought about calling targeting since there was so much helmet contact but maybe the refs didn't think it warranted an ejection so they just called it FCI. I think the targeting rule needs to be looked at because helmet contact is part of the game and I could see refs starting to call different penalties on plays that they don't think warrant an ejection like that play.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
It's hard to not be excited right now... I just watched the game again - haven't done that in years. I hope they destroy Missu next week. That school needs to learn that playing UF each year is a guaranteed L, not this garbage we've seen the last 2 years.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n290719 said:
Mehhh. I have zero doubt Mac will fix that. Live a little. It's been so long.

Next week is week.
I do not doubt Mac will fix it....just an example of additional work to be done. And there are others.

I just do not want the fan expectations to go batch **** crazy if we lose again. I want Mac Focused on the here and now....

I am living and loving it...it's nice to grin at the Dawgs....and laugh at the War Eagles....

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Haven't found this elsewhere: I suppose you saw the gunner make the throat slash after hitting the OM punt receiver a fraction early. Thought we were getting 15 for taunting to go with the 15 for roughness. My wife innocently ask if the coach couldn't talk to the team and stop such behavior. Thoughts?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sit him a game. They gotta understand it's not acceptable and it could cost us a game at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator