Have a safe and Happy New Year GCMB!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As I sit watching bowl games and chatting in the box, it gives me a chance to be reflective on 2018 and appreciative of this motley crew of reprobates, pirates, ne’er-do-wells, and otherwise seedy individuals that I would likely avoid in public, but somehow have a real affinity for here.

2018 has been an interesting year personally and professionally - as many of you know I travel a lot, and there is a certain “grind” to my profession that causes me to look for escapes, and this place provides exactly that. Passionate exchanges, good-natured ribbing, and some absolutely laugh-out-loud moments are all memories here in the past year.

I remember the optimism (mixed with pessimism) as we entered the year with a new coach, the blasé of the spring game, and the gnashing of teeth into the season start. I rolled into Gainesville for Charleston Southern, enjoying the cupcake win and the board agreeing we had no idea what we have still.

Then...Kentucky. It was inevitable, but the absolute dejection, anger, and resolution on the board led to some of the most passionate exchanges we’ve ever had. I remember the thread about Gator football being “over”, and how it elicited strong responses on either side.

What got me past the pain was the preparation for “The First Annual GCMB Jabber Memorial Tailgate Blowout Extravaganza” The First Annual GCMB Jabber Memorial Tailgate Blowout! 15-Sep, Colorado State, making new friendships and memories, and throwing my arm out trying to throw a dart completely through Butters’ face. It was a righteous memorial...I just wish Jabber had shown.

After beating the gaptooths and the exciting defensive struggle at MSU, the next trip south for me was for LSU, and possibly one of the most exciting games I’ve witnessed in the Swamp, and certainly one of the loudest moments there ever with the game ending pick 6. That was the moment I thought “maybe we’ve got something here”. The board was electric, and the tailgate was as much fun as a couple of weeks earlier.

Vandy here in Nashville (Swamp North) was frustrating, as it often is, but the team showed a game-ending toughness that would be repeated later in the year.

I went to JAX for the WLOCP for only my 2nd time, and really felt like we won the first half...but too many miscues and the reality that the buttlickers just had more talent and ended our hope, and got the board going again. Angst, arguing, pumping, dumping....it was glorious!

Work travel kept me from making the trip to Gainesville for Mizzou and the fighting Muschumps, but closing out the tailgate season with Idaho was a great way to finish up another fun home season.

Humiliating the clowns was fantastic, and the whole board, even @Swamp Donkey, found positive that tempered some of the preseason angst about the Mullen hire. He might actually be the right guy.

Then it was recruiting and early NSD...and holy crap was it on again! Pumpers! Dumpers! Dumping-pumpers! (Guilty as charged). The board rocked, and got me through some stressful times.

Going to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl was an incredible experience. I’ve been to the SEC championship twice in the Georgia Dome, but I’ve never actually been to a bowl game before this on. Meeting new members was the cherry on top of the incredible experience of a Big 10 beatdown and ridding ourselves of the Michigan monkey on the back. I also hones my scooter skills...awesome.

It’s the people of this board thought that make all of it that much better - I got to maintain great relationships, and meet a whole new group of members. In no particular order..THANK YOU to @Swamp Queen , @Captain Sasquatch , @jaywalker72 , @oxrageous, @stephenPE , @Slevin , @aka , @Detroitgator , @Gator98MD , @Gatorphan , @bradgator2 , @Phineus Maximus , @GatorTruth133 , @MADGator , @Swampy! , @Nomadigator , @Gator by the Sea , @Treebeard , @Bama&GatorFan , @Homer J, @RocketCityGator @Thick&ThinG8r - all GCMB members I met this year (apologies to anyone I missed!).

I was also going to call out others that I haven’t yet met, but make my time on GCMB special...but there are just too many to name. Thank you ALL for making my 2018 Gator year a great one - It’s GREAT...

I hope you use this thread to share your favorite GCMB moments this year!

BNAG8R

P.S. For the TL;DR crowd....basically it says “Screw you @bradgator2 , @Zambo , and @-THE DUDE-” .

Last edited:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Great post BNA, but I'm not surprised you left me out of the posters you met at jabbers memorial.
Hell I sat right in front of you at fla vs ga and you didn't even recognize me.
Great group of friends you were with though, I had fun high fiveing them at least.:lol:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Great post BNA, but I'm not surprised you left me out of the posters you met at jabbers memorial.
Hell I sat right in front of you at fla vs ga and you didn't even recognize me.
Great group of friends you were with though, I had fun high fiveing them at least.:lol:

Dammit! I was 49/51 as to if you were at the Jabber Memorial! Remember that there was bourbon involved.

Why didn’t you say something at FL/GA? Again.....Bourbon.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dammit! I was 49/51 as to if you were at the Jabber Memorial! Remember that there was bourbon involved.

I thought you may be like the godfather in oldschool and not want your friends to know about this double life you live.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Great post BNA!

Living out of state for the first time in my life has left me unable to attend any game this year.
I hope the coming year affords me the opportunity to share a cold one with you all next season.

Go Gators!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great idea post, BNA. Now this kind message becomes your annual GC New Year's baby. Happy New Year to my GatChat friends and their families who tether them to functionality in the real world. Rx: Thanxox.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

I was about to mention that but.............you are too generous to taunt..........you wife's corn salad was good stuff as was your grapefruit flavored libations.........

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It was a great year and a great season, always a pleasure to share some adult beverages with my fellow Gators on Saturdays in the fall. As far as the arguing on the forum goes, you all suck and you're wrong about everything. :dance:

Cheers, Gators, thanks for being you. :swampqueen:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Happy new year to you all!

I'm in Sarasota enjoying the great weather (I live in DC). Wife and I are staying at the Ritz Carlton tonight, splurging!

Looking forward to a great 2019. Hopefully it's a good one for our Gators!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Happy New Year fellow Gators. As I sit reading this, it is 8 degrees F, snow is falling on more than 24 inches already on the ground. The high today and tomorrow will be 18 with eight to ten more inches of snow to fall today. Theologically, hell is eternal separation from God and His Glory, but to a Florida boy born and reared, this weather is a real close second. Somebody go walk on a beach for me, please. Peace and Joy be with you in this 2019.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy New Year fellow Gators. As I sit reading this, it is 8 degrees F, snow is falling on more than 24 inches already on the ground. The high today and tomorrow will be 18 with eight to ten more inches of snow to fall today. Theologically, hell is eternal separation from God and His Glory, but to a Florida boy born and reared, this weather is a real close second. Somebody go walk on a beach for me, please. Peace and Joy be with you in this 2019.
We’re heading over to St Pete Beach in a couple hours, we’ve got you covered! :swampqueen:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Kill me now.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Screw that happy new year junk. It means we're a year older. That sucks!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
37119088-0726-4829-8AC2-4D6058A4254E.jpeg
Here ya go, sir!

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I'll get a picture of the white we're experiencing in the AM. Thanks for the idyllic scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.