Heisman Invites

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n128426 said:
Winston is left out and I bet FSU fans are ticked.
Good, the more time he's stuck in Crappy with nothing to do, the more opportunities he will have to keep screwing up. Karma is quickly creeping up on Rapey

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Mariota may get 90+% of the first place votes..breaking the all time record set by Troy Smith back in 2006 (believe it was 85%). But if you're asking me who the best and most outstanding player in the Country is, from start to finish..I would go with Amari Cooper if the choices were those three...at least he didn't ever have much of a stinker of a game in the biggest game of the season like Gordon in the Big 10 Title Game, hurting or not.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
MatthewM.;n128611 said:
Heisman has been a joke award since Crouch won it
Actually a joke since they gave it to a Notre Dame player on a team with a losing record and the one for Ishmal when the made up a new stat called
all purpose yards, they started counting his yardage when he came out of the tunnel. A QB from Syracuse deserved that Heisman way more than he did like Rex instead of Crouch.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mariota has 40 TDs and 2 picks I think. No way he doesn't clean up.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n129571 said:
38/2 TD pass to INT ratio...14 rushing touchdowns.

Winston - 24TDs to 17 picks

I had 2 sucknole fans tell me yesterday that winstons stats were better until the last couple games of the season when mariota "finally pulled away" and that him not being invited was just more of that ESPN/SEC/media/coaches/fans/vegas/ISIS/etc bias. So I played along, told them that if they were pretty close stat wise, or winston was ahead until the last 2-3 games (even though all of us knew he wasn't) that would have meant that in 3 weeks, mariotta doubled his TD's and ran for ~15 more TD's, while throwing no picks, meanwhile Winston would threw for 3 or 4 TD's but threw 15 picks as well. Then asked them in what world is a guy who throws for 15 picks better than a guy who throws for 20 TDs, no picks and rushes for 15 more in the same span better? At that point both tried to change course and say that winston wins while mariotta doesnt. I laughed at them for abandoning their argument, and then they called me "Mr encyclopedia" for having the audacity to provide real stats. One of them told me that winston threw for more yards (about 100 total) than mariotta did and had 1 less game so he was better. I said that winston's one less game was his fault so you cant "excuse" him for it when it was on purpose that he missed it. Then asked them to explain why they thought the mark of a better QB was someone who threw more passes but had half the TDs and 9 times the interceptions. Then they said I was just a hater and walked away.

I really wonder what they teach at that school, b/c it sure isn't critical thinking skills.

Edit - I almost forgot the quote of the convo - "jameis will throw as many picks as he needs to, to win the game!"

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Cook ran away, literally, with the MVP of the Holes this year. He singlehandedly beat us and Ga Tech. Winston owes Cook some crab legs for his efforts and saving Winston's ass multiple times this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator