Help Napier pick the next OC

Who should be the next Offensive Coordinator for the Gators?

• Joe Brady

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Steve Spurrier Jr.

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Scott Frost

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Jeff Scott

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Kerwin Bell

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Ben Arbuckle

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Warren Ruggiero

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Let's see who racks up the most votes. Can Gatorchatter pick a winner? Let me know if you want me to add any names to the poll. Got it set that you can make up to 2 picks. And that you can also update your picks if you change your mind.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Need somebody who brings their own offense and not somebody who is just going to be calling Billy’s plays.

So with that said, need somebody proven and accomplished, not some young dude Billy will have his thumb on.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Someone who Billy gives the reigns, stays out of his way, lets him be a real OC. His conservative, predictable, sometimes naive plays need to go.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Need somebody who brings their own offense and not somebody who is just going to be calling Billy’s plays.

So with that said, need somebody proven and accomplished, not some young dude Billy will have his thumb on.
Unfortunately I believe that's what he would do. It's his MO. I have an article cue'd up and want to read it concerning his time as a QB in college. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I suspect he sees himself out there still and wants an offense that suits the skills(and mistakes) he experienced as a QB.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah he had some really good offenses at Oregon and UCF. He couldn't run his offense at the loser has been corn farm program that no recruit wants to play for, let alone the speedy southern recruits he needs to make his offense work.

My concern with Jeff Scott is that he was only a co-OC for Clemson, he has never been a sole OC and he has never been an OC outside of Clemson, plus he had Watson and Lawrence as his QBs. Any OC could look great with those QBs.

Joe Brady is similar. He has a high upside, but he is very risky. He was the passing game coordinator at LSU for one season and that team was loaded. That's literally his entire resume. Then he was the OC for Carolina for 2 seasons and he wasn't successful there.
Being an OC on an NFL team must be crazy detailed and professional. I'm sure that Brady is ready to take over the speedy Gators. It's way harder to have success in the NFL than at a place loaded with talent. NFL has more parity and is a more difficult league. Dude could prove himself here and catapult his career. Let's go get him, now.

SEC Championship - check.
Natty - check.
NFL experience - check.
OC experience - check.
Young enough to be hungry and recruit - check.

OtownGator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming we keep Napier another year, this frees up 6.3 Million (85% of his 7.4 Million per year salary for his buy out). Say 2.1 million per year for a 3 year contract and we should be able to get any offensive coordinator we want. If we can't then our program/brand and/or Napier is truly damaged.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The 1st name that comes up is cliff Kingsbury. He's gonna be head strong enough to not be a yesman. Runs great system. Already been cycled through as a HC so he could be a long term answer.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
If Bills keep winning, and Allen looks impressive, Brady will get another shot calling plays in NFL IMO. You know how the NFL luvs trying coaches over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator