Hill v. Tebow

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Teams regret not having Tim. Every time a player with the same type skill set plays a down, he will be compared to Tebow. Tebow would, could and should be in Hill spot. Tim’s maybe only flaw is stubbornness.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow clearly should have gone to Jacksonville after horsebreath dumped him in Denver. While likely unsuccessful, I guarantee it would have been better than the shytshow of the past decade there, the stadium would have been packed, merchandise through the roof, and people would have actually cared about the Jags.

Passing on him was a yuge mistake. Yuge.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Teams regret not having Tim. Every time a player with the same type skill set plays a down, he will be compared to Tebow. Tebow would, could and should be in Hill spot. Tim’s maybe only flaw is stubbornness.

Hill's 40 is so much faster. That .31 difference is huge.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Roster has him listed as a QB.

New Orleans Saints Roster | ESPN

Roster has him listed at QB and he is technically their 3rd quartback, but he also has played wide open, H-back, upback on punt unit, TE, Fullback, etc... he is a utility guy on a rookie deal (which is also important). Other than the fact that Tebow was basically a .500 qb in the pros and had a completition percentage of 47.8% (which is absolute garbage) he had two years in Denver, one year with the Jets, and his next year would have been his final rookie contract year. So no only was he not willing to change positions to be a utlity guy, he was about to become more expensive.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That could be Tim acknowledging his getting older coupled with having settled in for a solid gig with ESPN. Not certain he would have said no four or five years ago.

Patriots wanted him to be a utility guy and he turned it down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
). Other than the fact that Tebow was basically a .500 qb in the pros.
Jeff Dipshyt hasnt won a game in his career and is 0-2 vs the Browns. The NFL certainly keeps garbage backup QBs, but I agree re rookie deals.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff Dipshyt hasnt won a game in two years and is 0-2 vs the Browns. The NFL certain keeps garbage backup QBs, but I agree re rookie deals.

And he is still a rookie deal qb… I believe he has one more year, before he gets expensive.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And he is still a rookie deal qb… I believe he has one more year, before he gets expensive.
I think this is it. Or maybe last year was it. confusing because San Francisco was paying and I guess. Bengals cut him for two equally worthless Div 2 rookies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
720k per is more like a practice squad deal.

makes him the 945th highest paid player according to salary rankings on sportstrac for 2019.

Edit: found an updated list from Pro-Football Focus, he is tied for 977th.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
makes him the 945th highest paid player according to salary rankings on sportstrac for 2019.

Edit: found an updated list from Pro-Football Focus, he is tied for 977th.

I can’t fault him for trying. It’s still better jack than cleaning carpets for a living.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If only Tebow had admitted to showering with AH and occasionally slipping him a stiffy.

He would have won the Arthur Ashe Courage Award if he did admit that

The NFL only tolerates “woke” circuses not a traditional circus

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow clearly should have gone to Jacksonville after horsebreath dumped him in Denver. While likely unsuccessful, I guarantee it would have been better than the shytshow of the past decade there, the stadium would have been packed, merchandise through the roof, and people would have actually cared about the Jags.

Passing on him was a yuge mistake. Yuge.

I hope nobody on this board buys tickets for the shytshow
Why patronize a clueless organization?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator