Hill v. Tebow

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Roster has him listed as a QB.

New Orleans Saints Roster | ESPN

Not disputing the roster classification, I am asking what a real fan or pro football person of knowledge would call Hill? I do not know of any other "QB" that plays on most special teams plays, do you? I do not know of any other backup "QB" or 3rd string "QB" that plays more than 15 snaps a game when the starter is completely healthy. Do you know of any?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not disputing the roster classification, I am asking what a real fan or pro football person of knowledge would call Hill? I do not know of any other "QB" that plays on most special teams plays, do you? I do not know of any other backup "QB" or 3rd string "QB" that plays more than 15 snaps a game when the starter is completely healthy. Do you know of any?
Completely agree.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Watched several Saints games and Hill played a lot of QB. His willingness to run opens up passes. Do we know that any NFL team offered to keep Tim as a third down QB like Hill if he would play special teams? I wonder what Hill's forty time is. May be a tad faster.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Kirk Cousins enjoyed being in the NFL, he just thanked God after the game.

I get your position, and agree - he didn't make it in the NFL ONLY because he is a bible thumper. I do, however, think that there are others less capable that made it as backups because of the "presence" of Tim Tebow (which includes his very public "faith"). Tim was never going to be a backup, because too many fans would be clamoring for him to be the starter - the "cult of personality" of Tebow was a distraction that no NFL team wanted to deal with after the Jets fiasco.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Watched several Saints games and Hill played a lot of QB. His willingness to run opens up passes. Do we know that any NFL team offered to keep Tim as a third down QB like Hill if he would play special teams? I wonder what Hill's forty time is. May be a tad faster.
According to the announcer, Peyton had conversations with Tebow about taking such a role at the same time they were considering Hill. Tebow said he wasn't interested in that type of role.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Faster than I expected. 4.40 versus 4.71 for Tebow.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
According to the announcer, Peyton had conversations with Tebow about taking such a role at the same time they were considering Hill. Tebow said he wasn't interested in that type of role.

That could be Tim acknowledging his getting older coupled with having settled in for a solid gig with ESPN. Not certain he would have said no four or five years ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His numbers suggest otherwise, that plus the fact that he started in and nearly won a Super Bowl. But I don't you operate on hyperbole and feelings, so I won't drag facts into this.
Youre wearing a pair of Air Kaps and facing Mecca as we speak, arent you?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kap’s busy defending the Iranians from American imperialism.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Facing north on the couch, but I can always roll to the side. :scratchchin:
you know there's a whole philosophy of which way Mecca is anyway. do we face the shortest flight which might be over the North Pole? do we face whatever azimuth that is on a flat map? Heck we could be looking down and through the Earth if we were going to literally straight to Mecca. some just face East or West depending on whether they're east or west of Mecca.

we may have to think this through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator