Holley to Redshirt

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet. Bummer for him. With the emergence of Ivey, Clark, Brantley, Bostwick and Willis, not to mention the guys we will be getting in 2015,after we shock the CFB world this year, we could have an absolute murderous Dline for the next 3 or 4 years. I hope he at least gets to be healthy enough to practice with the team so he's ready to go in 2015.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's 2 positive things about this:

1. It means that we have the depth we need at D-line. And we know our rotation.

2. He's relatively new at football. Converted basketball player. This will give him time to acclimate to the position and learn.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Completely agree with both of you. Glad the redFrosh are stepping up so he can get it taken care of now. A year in the system will only help him like you say J.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's gotta be discouraging for the young man comming all this way but as everyone says it's probably best for him. With Cummings and Orr leaving I expect him to compete for a starting spot or atleast work his way into the rotation next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You expect him to start next year?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:

2. He's relatively new at football. Converted basketball player. This will give him time to acclimate to the position and learn.
#1 was my first thought. :-)

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Redshirts are a part of the deal...if not him, someone else. Hopefully he stays fit and works at it...he'll be a positive player next year.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n31339 said:

Bump !

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Muschamp said it's a 4 month recovery. So he could possibly be back for bowl practice.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It will be a bonus for some added depth.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Muschamp said it's a 4 month recovery. So he could possibly be back for bowl practice.
And that's exactly why you red shirt him. One bowl game isn't worth an entire season of eligibility.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
You expect him to start next year?
Possibly he's freakishly athletic for a guy his size he's supposed to be pretty raw that may hold him back. You don't think he'll atleast be competing for a starting spot?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n31442 said:
And that's exactly why you red shirt him. One bowl game isn't worth an entire season of eligibility
He could practice with the team as long as he doesn't play in the bowl game and still get a redshirt. A couple of weeks practice would be huge for him as he didn't get to practice at all this fall camp.
Truth be told though the comment about "The Bowl Game" was just me throwing out a chum block for the resident :shark::stickpoke:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's a bummer for him, but at least it's happening now and he can easily make a recovery and have a full career.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Depends. Remember Torrey Davis? Guy made one play during his time with us. It just happened to be on 4th down against OU for the national title.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope our depth on the D Line is good this year. We will definitely need that for the Bama game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n31705 said:
First post on the new and improved website. Whoop! Whoop!

Welcome. And you might want to get an avatar before Ox hooks you up with a pink pony.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n31708 said:
Welcome. And you might want to get an avatar before Ox hooks you up with a pink pony.

I need to. Had my avatar saved on my old laptop and haven't taken the time to pull it off of there or search for a new one. What can I say I've been missing the forum so I had to jump right in! ;>) Ox has gotta give a 3 day grace period, right? RIGHT???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.