Hottie Tottie...GOD ALL MIGHTY!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice read cover2, as always. My bullets...

Morrison had his best game this year, if not of his career. Jared Davis is the nicest surprise on that side of the ball. We may be thin a LB, but we are making the most of what we got.

On Powell's 77 yd TD, Callaway returned the favor with a pancake block on the Ole Miss cornerback. It was a beautiful site.

12 minutes into the game, We moved Trip Thurman to center and Martez took his spot at guard. it worked. I asked my buddy after the game, " Did we rent Bama's offensive line tonight?"

i haven't had that good a time in the Swamp since...................................last week.
Maybe there's a trend here :cool:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n290919 said:
Powell thanking Callaway for the block after his TD

They are playing very unselfish football and it's paying dividends.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
CGgater;n290626 said:
Mizzou is next. Time for some payback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right. one game at a time. these guys have to pay. let's not overlook them. they have a good D and we're gonna be in their house. i really want to see us paste these guys. then we can talk about LSU.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Think back to the Stank ... to now. Shows what a debilitating darkness these kids' confidence suffered from.
It looks like someone flipped a lightswitch on.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n290612 said:
Last week affected the fan base in many ways. Some, myself included, were happy that we pulled it out but realized we made a ton of errors that must be corrected (tackling, blocking, QBs continued maturity, etc.), as we were preparing to enter the meat of the schedule. Others were elated with the win and felt like this team has the making of something special, which they certainly displayed last night IMO. Still others wanted to simply enjoy the UT win. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe there are other subgroups and opinions on the UT win, but all are related to expectations. Personally, mine are growing with the team and also as I can see what the staff does from week to week and I think that they did a great job in preparation as well as stimulating the necessary growth and clean up of the errors from UT to 'OL Sis. The players, from the looks of things and as I previously stated, have or are in the process of buying in to Mac's way of doing things. This indicates to me that we have some leaders among them who help inspire this. Morrison, Hargreaves, Bullard, Cox and Davis impress me in that regard defensively, by their play and individual stories. Offensively, Taylor, by his response to Mac's @ss chewing, McGee, Powell, and Grier, who I think is maturing into the necessary role by virtue of his position, are the leaders on the offensive side. Maybe as or more importantly, our kids are allowing themselves to be led. For example, young Callaway, to me, displays a lot of moxie to go along with his skills and this obviously inspires the play of those in his position group.

I certainly agree that next week will be tough, but hopefully more manageable if last evening is an indicator. I have been worried that Fournette would have his way with us. Now, maybe not to the fullest extent. If tackling continues to gain consistency, and we'll need to do so with several on him with each touch, we've got a good chance in Death Valley. Making their QB have to beat us is likely the best recipe. That is, as long as we maintain our offensive production and secure the football.

This will be the next great test our squad faces. We fans face one as well. Do we maintain our perspective if we drop our first game? Do we maintain it if we slay the Tiger? Again, it is a matter of expectations and for me, I want to keep them healthy and growing, one game at a time. If 7-5 was reasonable to begin, then I'll hold on until 7 gets here and it will certainly be cool if it happens within the upcoming stretch. Gator football is fun again!

Which Tiger? LOL, we have two in a row coming up (I'm sure I know which you're talking about). However, first things first - let's get the Missouri Tigers out of the way before discussing LSWho.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think the more notable comment from our coach last night after the game was
"I don't know if we're back, but I do know we will show up"

If that is what happens when we show up, I'm pleased as punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator